CSULB Applicants

mrod88

I got wait listed on april 6 th :( does anyone know or have an idea of how many students they wait list? If we ask, will they let us know what number we are on the wait list????

Would you mind sharing when you turned in your application and how you were notfied (via email or offical letter)? because I turned in my application closer to the deadline and I have yet to hear anything. Maybe that'll give me an idea of where they are with processing the applications.

Would you mind sharing when you turned in your application and how you were notfied (via email or offical letter)? because I turned in my application closer to the deadline and I have yet to hear anything. Maybe that'll give me an idea of where they are with processing the applications.

I walked in my app on the day of the deadline :/ and I got notified through mail. The letter states that they will notify us of their final decision via email by July!!!

I turned in my app on Jan. 9th and was waitlisted Feb. 24th. I hope I get off the waitlist! CSULB is not my top choice but a firm offer would be nice! haha

Did it actually say "waitlist" on your letter? I don't understand what the difference between "pending" and "waitlist" is if we're both waiting to get accepted into the program. LOL!

it's not a list persay - that's why they use pending and not waitlist... They use statistical data to determine if they are going to extend admissions to applicants on the pending list. In June, they are going to process the data that will populate a number and then send emails out to those applicants that are within the range or higher. The email they send out will be on a first come first serve basis... So make sure your smartphone is on immediate push.

I know this may not make much sense; however, this is how it sounded to me when I spoke with Mercedes months ago.

Evening All,

I walked my MSW application into CSULB on the deadline of Feb 1, 2012. I received an email confirmation on February 22 or the 24 that my application received. I have not received any updates , notifications of acceptance, denial, pending, or wait list status at all. Is this a bad sign?

Please Advise :-)

I walked in my app on the day of the deadline :/ and I got notified through mail. The letter states that they will notify us of their final decision via email by July!!!

You walked yours in on the deadline and you got a response already??? This must not be good for me.. I have not received anything since notice that my app was received :-(

Hey guys!

I'm applying to CSULB MSW- 2 yr CYF concentration for Fall 2012 Admissions...

I submitted my application 2 days before the deadline ( I know, poor planing!) And was wondering if anyone applying to CSULB has heard anything from the Department?

Wait list? Rejection? Admission?

Hey.. Have you received any response yet accepted, wait listed, anything ??

Have you checked your status online?

Evening All,

I walked my MSW application into CSULB on the deadline of Feb 1, 2012. I received an email confirmation on February 22 or the 24 that my application received. I have not received any updates , notifications of acceptance, denial, pending, or wait list status at all. Is this a bad sign?

Please Advise :-)

i've heard that they consider their own students first :-/ so its kinda crummy. i'm feeling like their isn't a chance to get admitted at CSULB anymore... I accepted SDSU's 3 year offer & inquired about the stipend program for child welfare services... i actually got lucky... SDSU interviewed me for the title IV-E stipend and put me on the waitlist for the 2 year program per my request & i got accepted into both the 2 year program & the title IV-E stipend program :-)

even if i hear in july from csulb... i feel SDSU has really worked and showed me that i belong with them.

csulb tries to make it seem like its our privilege to go there... i feel its quite opposite... they should be privileged to have us...

quite frankly i think its rude... maybe i'm just bitter.

what i liked about SDSU was that you only have 10 days from the date on the acceptance offer to respond... so people who're

being ding dongs and don't reply don't cloud up the incoming pool of people who want in.

i think csulb basically sent out all their acceptance letters & are waiting to see what opens up for us on the pending list.

good luck guys!!!

if i get an offer from csulb, the only way i'd accept it is if i got the same offer as i have at sdsu.

Edited by sammmmira

As anyone hear from CSULB within the last week? I turned in my app fairly close to the deadline and I have yet to hear from them I'm really anxious and I don't wanna accept any offers until I hear from the majority of my schools choices.

Have you checked your status online?

I did :-( It just says my application has been reviewed and forwarded to the academic department for their review :-/ .. Nothing pass that and online ahs said this for months :-(

As anyone hear from CSULB within the last week? I turned in my app fairly close to the deadline and I have yet to hear from them I'm really anxious and I don't wanna accept any offers until I hear from the majority of my schools choices.

I havent heard anything either.. i dont know if that is a bad sign or not ... ugh :-( I turned mines in on the deadline.

Ok, so here is what i know. I got a phone call from the Associate Director this morning, yes..on a Saturday...Anyhow, she said that they had only 24 spots available for the 2year Older Adults and Families concentration, which is the program i chose, and unfortunately the spots were filled. I'm assuming that since i didn't turn my application in until days before the deadline I missed out on getting into that. Anyhow, she was calling to let me know that I had scored high on my application and they wanted to offer me a spot in their 3 year program. There are fifty spots in that program and 30 had been filled, she was incredibly nice and gave me lots of information since I wasnt to clear on what the major differences were between the two. She did say that they had ALOT of applications and they are trying very hard to get through everything, thus the reason she was working on a Saturday. Hope that's helpful to some of you! :)

Ok, so here is what i know. I got a phone call from the Associate Director this morning, yes..on a Saturday...Anyhow, she said that they had only 24 spots available for the 2year Older Adults and Families concentration, which is the program i chose, and unfortunately the spots were filled. I'm assuming that since i didn't turn my application in until days before the deadline I missed out on getting into that. Anyhow, she was calling to let me know that I had scored high on my application and they wanted to offer me a spot in their 3 year program. There are fifty spots in that program and 30 had been filled, she was incredibly nice and gave me lots of information since I wasnt to clear on what the major differences were between the two. She did say that they had ALOT of applications and they are trying very hard to get through everything, thus the reason she was working on a Saturday. Hope that's helpful to some of you! :)

Congratulations!!! Did u get pulled out of the 'pending' list by any chance? I'm just asking because I'm on this list and was wondering if they are calling ppl on the list already...

Congratulations!!! Did u get pulled out of the 'pending' list by any chance? I'm just asking because I'm on this list and was wondering if they are calling ppl on the list already...

To best of my recollection, I was never placed on a "pending" status. My status always said something to the effect of your application has been forwarded for department review etc... I have no idea if that's helpful or not. :(

Edited by juleskyle

Wow at least you got a call.... i haven't received any communication :-(.... thanks for the info