University of Toronto-any news 2012 fall?

gexinhmily

My application for OISE (MA of Ed) was due December 1st-more than a month and a half before any of my other programs here in the States. I have had 2 acceptances, one rejection, one no interview and still have not heard from U ot T. It's kind of amazing in a terrible way how long this has been dragged out and I'm starting to feel like I'm in a horror movie called "Grad school: the waiting".

I can relate; I submitted my application for MMI at UTM in mid November and still haven't heard back. Has anyone heard anything about this program? I've seen one rejection in the survey. I called last week and they said interviews haven't been scheduled yet...

I can relate; I submitted my application for MMI at UTM in mid November and still haven't heard back. Has anyone heard anything about this program? I've seen one rejection in the survey. I called last week and they said interviews haven't been scheduled yet...

Hey livefast...I was the person who posted my rejection from the MMI program. I got word from them via post. I did apply pretty early though...so I guess they're either yet to look at your file or you're doing pretty well. At least you haven't been rejected so that's a good sign!

Thanks for the info Maxi Jaz. It's hard to know the state of admissions to a program when there are few applicants to post in forums like these. I'm going to call back next week; they said I should have heard something by the end of this week.

It's been three LONG days since my status changed, but I finally heard back from U of T today. I got in to the MPP program!! :) Hope everyone here gets the good news they're waiting for too! Now it's decision time...

Congratulations!.. which schools are you deciding between? :)

hi all!

anyone deciding between the MPP program at UofT and the MPA program at Carleton? I've been accepted to both (as well as Waterloo's MPS program) but am having a tough time deciding! Any thoughts on which is the better (i.e. coop placements, job prospects, etc)\?

hi all!

anyone deciding between the MPP program at UofT and the MPA program at Carleton? I've been accepted to both (as well as Waterloo's MPS program) but am having a tough time deciding! Any thoughts on which is the better (i.e. coop placements, job prospects, etc)\?

Congratulations! Those are all wonderful programs to gain admission to, so no wonder you're having a tough time deciding! :)

I am not deciding between the 3 programs, but I'll offer my 2 cents anyway & I'll do this objectively :) ..If I were you, I would make a list and ponder the following:

1) I think you should consider your future goals.. How long do you want to be a student? Do you have further educational goals? With this also comes financials.

2) How big of an issue is money for you? Funding, or can you do without?

3) Which program fits more closely with your future goals (as you pondered above) & are you excited about attending this school? Any particular faculty members you would like to work with?

Hope it helps, let us know what you decide! :)

My application for OISE (MA of Ed) was due December 1st-more than a month and a half before any of my other programs here in the States. I have had 2 acceptances, one rejection, one no interview and still have not heard from U ot T. It's kind of amazing in a terrible way how long this has been dragged out and I'm starting to feel like I'm in a horror movie called "Grad school: the waiting".

Hey Marince,

I have applied to OISE as well. I know what you mean by "the waiting" lol. Its been so long! i had friends apply after my deadline who have already heard back and made decisions. What programs have you applied for? I have applied for two programs - Counselling Psychology and School and Clinical Child Psychology.

hi all!

Thank you! I've also been accepted to Queen's, Carleton, and Ryerson. I really don't know which offer I will accept yet. I have some serious thinking to do!

If you don't mind me asking, I'm just curious about how long you both have to respond to the respective programs? Sorry it's my first time I'm applying and I was told accepted students had 2 weeks to respond with their decision? I'm hoping it will help with the wait for those of us still waiting; perhaps I will check my e-mail less frequently knowing that schools aren't extending more admission offers until a certain date. :blink:

Thank you! I've also been accepted to Queen's, Carleton, and Ryerson. I really don't know which offer I will accept yet. I have some serious thinking to do!

Let us know what you decide as well ! :)

If you don't mind me asking, I'm just curious about how long you both have to respond to the respective programs? Sorry it's my first time I'm applying and I was told accepted students had 2 weeks to respond with their decision? I'm hoping it will help with the wait for those of us still waiting; perhaps I will check my e-mail less frequently knowing that schools aren't extending more admission offers until a certain date. :blink:

They've all given me till around the end of the first week of April to decide, so about 3-4 weeks. Which schools have you applied to? :)

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum but have read through it many, many times. This is what happens when you've applied to a program in mid-January and still haven't heard anything over two months later. NEUROSES!!!

So, I've applied to the MPH (epi) and am awaiting acceptance/rejection. Any news out there for epi? I've also applied to the MHI (health informatics) and read that if offered an interview,to have sealed transcripts submitted to the department by April 1st, but I've not heard anything from them yet. Does the department assume I already have the hard copies on hand and will expedite delivery to them just before their April 1 deadline (assuming I'm even offered an interview)? I dunno. Any updates about the MHI program, anyone?

Thanks!

They've all given me till around the end of the first week of April to decide, so about 3-4 weeks. Which schools have you applied to? :)

Thank you for sharing...that's a fair amount of time they give you to decide..I guess I should relax a bit until April then! :)

I have applied to a similar list as you: Carleton, Queens, Toronto, Ryerson & SFU. I haven't heard back from any of the schools yet though, the wait is killing me!!

Received official email informing me of my wait listed status for admission into UofT's MA in Anthropology (socio-cultural is my focus). I had previously received unofficial notification after I emailed asking about when I would find out (both notifications are posted in the results section). GPA: 8.5/9 from UVic, graduated honours with distinction. Application for SSHRC funding was forwarded from UVic to SSHRC for final verification (which UofT knows), current RA job experience on relevant research...only thing against me is that my undergrad was interdisciplinary (Pacific and Asian Studies, hence the socio-cultural anthro focus) and not straight Anthropology. They told me if I was going to get off the wait list I would likely find out by mid-April.

I also have an admission (but as of yet no funding offer as those decisions won't be made until April or later) to the MPhil Anthropology program at Cambridge.

ugh. UofT is my top choice for financial and personal reasons and I can only afford Cambridge if they fund me T_T

Has anyone heard from the Munk School of Global Affairs (U of Toronto) - MGA program yet?????

I'm also waiting for the Munk School (Asia-Pacific MA), I called the program administrator for the MAPS program and she said I would "definitely hear back by the end of March"

Thank you for sharing...that's a fair amount of time they give you to decide..I guess I should relax a bit until April then! :)

I have applied to a similar list as you: Carleton, Queens, Toronto, Ryerson & SFU. I haven't heard back from any of the schools yet though, the wait is killing me!!

No problem! I hope you'll hear back soon, I know the waiting game is terrible. :( And wow, your list is *really* similar to mine! I almost applied to SFU as well, but as much as I love BC I decided it would be too expensive for me to move out west. I hope this isn't too off topic, but do you have a top choice in mind? U of T is definitely a frontrunner for me, but I know the other programs all have their strengths too...

No problem! I hope you'll hear back soon, I know the waiting game is terrible. :( And wow, your list is *really* similar to mine! I almost applied to SFU as well, but as much as I love BC I decided it would be too expensive for me to move out west. I hope this isn't too off topic, but do you have a top choice in mind? U of T is definitely a frontrunner for me, but I know the other programs all have their strengths too...

Thank you:)-- I had no idea the waiting would be this bad after spending all those hours on my letter of intent--i thought, it can't be as bad as this! I was wrongggg!

I'm hoping to move out East as I've always wanted to live there (I don't know why, it's something irrational!) I guess most students apply to the same schools--if they have the grades for one, they usually have them for the others too. I applied to SFU because it's close to home (incase I chicken out and change my mind :P ) & I know they have a strong program with good connections to government after completion, which is important for me.. (If I get in is another story though:( !)

Top choices: Carleton/Queens are joint first for me. Carleton has such a strong, comprehensive program. I think they're one of the oldest programs in Canada & it's in Ottawa which is a big plus for jobs after. Queens because their program is also strong, but what really attracts me to their program is that it's only a year long. If I had to pick between the two, I don't know what I would do! Toronto is also definitely up there for me too, but if I am so fortunate that I can choose between Carleton/Queens also, I don't know...Here's hoping that I get into one of the schools lol :lol: !

Received official email informing me of my wait listed status for admission into UofT's MA in Anthropology (socio-cultural is my focus). I had previously received unofficial notification after I emailed asking about when I would find out (both notifications are posted in the results section). GPA: 8.5/9 from UVic, graduated honours with distinction. Application for SSHRC funding was forwarded from UVic to SSHRC for final verification (which UofT knows), current RA job experience on relevant research...only thing against me is that my undergrad was interdisciplinary (Pacific and Asian Studies, hence the socio-cultural anthro focus) and not straight Anthropology. They told me if I was going to get off the wait list I would likely find out by mid-April.

I also have an admission (but as of yet no funding offer as those decisions won't be made until April or later) to the MPhil Anthropology program at Cambridge.

ugh. UofT is my top choice for financial and personal reasons and I can only afford Cambridge if they fund me T_T

Whoot! Just got official word today that I am off the waitlist and into the program! XD