University of Toronto-any news 2012 fall?

gexinhmily

Update from a psychology Ph.D. applicant: my app status still says "under review." They already had their interview weekend, so I've given up. I decided that moving to Canada isn't a realistic option for me anyway, so it's alright!

I got an offer of admission for the iSchool's MI program today! Still waiting on the official Graduate School offer and the funding decision, though.

My app online also still says "under review." I'll check again after I get the "official offer" and see if it updates.

No news yet for me - I'm waiting to hear from NMC and the Religion department. The only thing that I'm worried about is my lack of language training... but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I did my undergrad at U of T and had strong reference letters and marks.

Good luck everyone!

Anyone here applying for Political Science PhD? Heard anything yet?

I'm one of the applicants. According to the Result Survey from last year's admissions/rejections they started informing people from March 7th (that one was the earliest entry).

Anyone else?

No news yet btw.

Edited by sspolitics

I'm one of the applicants. According to the Result Survey from last year's admissions/rejections they started informing people from March 7th (that one was the earliest entry).

Anyone else?

No news yet btw.

Still waiting on the MA program.

Anyone else?

No news yet btw.

Yeah, but according to the Result Survey (a post on Feb 28th last year), the application deadline last year was Jan 30th. But this year's is Jan 15th. So I was hoping that perhaps replies would be given out earlier this year. Let's see...

BTW, what's your field?

I got an offer of admission for the iSchool's MI program today! Still waiting on the official Graduate School offer and the funding decision, though.

My app online also still says "under review." I'll check again after I get the "official offer" and see if it updates.

CrayolaBee, when did you submit your application? I'm on pins and needles here, but my referees didn't get my letters in until the last second.

Hi everyone

I was accepted to the LLM back in January. Any other law students out there?

Or any other Aussies headed to Toronto?

I'm not a law student but my friend recently just got accepted for this fall...I'm not too sure if you know, but there's forums for Canadian law students specifically, as well as probably threads for law students in this forum:

http://lawstudents.ca/forums/

Just google canadian law students forums :)

I'm not a law student but my friend recently just got accepted for this fall...I'm not too sure if you know, but there's forums for Canadian law students specifically, as well as probably threads for law students in this forum:

http://lawstudents.ca/forums/

Just google canadian law students forums :)

Thanks for the tip. I shall check them out :)

How did you find out about the offer? It's now March and I applied to the PhD program but my app still says "under review." I also haven't been invited to any interviews or open-houses (although being invited to an open-house isn't usually a sign of anything from my experience - that is why they are "open")

No news yet for me - I'm waiting to hear from NMC and the Religion department. The only thing that I'm worried about is my lack of language training... but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I did my undergrad at U of T and had strong reference letters and marks.

Good luck everyone!

NMC informs their PhD candidates pretty early, usually mid-Feb. Their MA's are informed around mid-March.

How did you find out about the offer? It's now March and I applied to the PhD program but my app still says "under review." I also haven't been invited to any interviews or open-houses (although being invited to an open-house isn't usually a sign of anything from my experience - that is why they are "open")

I got an email. Subject line: MI Offer of Admission. Don't give up hope yet, though...I did have a pretty short turnaround time between submitting my application and getting my offer. (Two weeks!) I'm hoping this means they think I'm a strong candidate and will give me lots and lots of funding, but I've got no idea. The MI program might have different requirements or even a different committee than the PhD program, though, so my experience probably isn't relevant to yours. I hope you'll hear back soon.

CrayolaBee, when did you submit your application? I'm on pins and needles here, but my referees didn't get my letters in until the last second.

I submitted it late at night on the 12th of February. My referees got their letters in the week before. My application's still marked as under review, and I still haven't heard the "official offer" from the SGS.

FWIW, on my other application (U of Illinois), one of my referees also got her letter in at the last minute. I still heard back from that school earlier than expected. Don't panic about whether or not your referees got the letters in late-it doesn't matter as much as your personal qualifications.

Edited by CrayolaBee

Thanks for the reply CrayolaBee and congratulations on the offer. That is pretty amazing that you got such a quick response. Did you accept the offer?

I think you're right about PhDs having different committees. Plus I haven't seen anyone post about their PhD offers for 2012 either. Actually, I haven't heard a peep out of anyone applying for their 2012 PhD program.

Yeah, but according to the Result Survey (a post on Feb 28th last year), the application deadline last year was Jan 30th. But this year's is Jan 15th. So I was hoping that perhaps replies would be given out earlier this year. Let's see...

BTW, what's your field?

Sorry for the late response.

You have a point there. I think last year the committee met on the 4th of March but I have no news about this year.

My field is IR. I am an international student with a US graduate degree.

What about you?

Sorry for the late response.

You have a point there. I think last year the committee met on the 4th of March but I have no news about this year.

My field is IR. I am an international student with a US graduate degree.

What about you?

I am also an international student at US completing a master degree. My field is Comparative Politics (China).

Has anyone applied to U of T's Master of Public Policy program? I was on the survey & apparently someone's status changed to "Decision made"...Mine has not yet!! Anyone know anything??? :wacko:<_<