University of Toronto-any news 2012 fall?

gexinhmily

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum but have read through it many, many times. This is what happens when you've applied to a program in mid-January and still haven't heard anything over two months later. NEUROSES!!!

So, I've applied to the MPH (epi) and am awaiting acceptance/rejection. Any news out there for epi? I've also applied to the MHI (health informatics) and read that if offered an interview,to have sealed transcripts submitted to the department by April 1st, but I've not heard anything from them yet. Does the department assume I already have the hard copies on hand and will expedite delivery to them just before their April 1 deadline (assuming I'm even offered an interview)? I dunno. Any updates about the MHI program, anyone?

Thanks!

Hi Doc - I am a MHI applicant as well. Did you get any decision for MHI? I see the above post was done by you on 19th March...The wait is killing. :(

Hey,

Still waiting, I've been waitlisted. I believe they are only taking 25 people....... Did they place you on wait list as well?

Buddy - I don't know about the decision thing since last I spoke with IPHME, they said they have mailed something to me. On the website it says "Decision Made" which may mean I can swing either ways - flip or flop (I am terrified :unsure:). Is it showing the same for you online? Also, where did you get the info about 25 batch size?

Buddy - I don't know about the decision thing since last I spoke with IPHME, they said they have mailed something to me. On the website it says "Decision Made" which may mean I can swing either ways - flip or flop (I am terrified :unsure:). Is it showing the same for you online? Also, where did you get the info about 25 batch size?

Wow yeah this decision is taking so long. Mine still says "under review". In the interview it was mentioned that they are taking approx 25 people. Do you know anyone that has been accepted already??

Wow yeah this decision is taking so long. Mine still says "under review". In the interview it was mentioned that they are taking approx 25 people. Do you know anyone that has been accepted already??

Holy cow!! I'm international and didn't have an interview even although I submitted my application late last year...that probably means I'm not even allowed to compete forget about reaching finish line, whatsay? :huh: But if that's the case, they should have rejected me right at the onset than letting me wait till early May!!! :(

No buddy, I have no clue about anyone applying for this course....looks like this is still an exotic/unexplored option and applicants are few and far apart. B)

Holy cow!! I'm international and didn't have an interview even although I submitted my application late last year...that probably means I'm not even allowed to compete forget about reaching finish line, whatsay? :huh: But if that's the case, they should have rejected me right at the onset than letting me wait till early May!!! :(

No buddy, I have no clue about anyone applying for this course....looks like this is still an exotic/unexplored option and applicants are few and far apart. B)

Oh really? I wonder why they would wait so long to give you an answer. Anyway best of luck! I will keep you posted once I hear something.

Oh really? I wonder why they would wait so long to give you an answer. Anyway best of luck! I will keep you posted once I hear something.

Yeah, I'm clueless too... :wacko: Thank you for your wishes and I reciprocate the same. Yes, we should inform each other if we get some pointers. :)

Another question mate: Did you apply to any other unis or do you have all eggs in one basket? :rolleyes:

U of T MPP Fall 2012:

I called on Monday to enquire about my application, she said she thinks I am on the wait list if I haven't heard anything, but would check & get back to me...I didn't hear back, so I emailed her today..I can't really make a good enough guess as to the process/timelines at this point--so it leads me to these questions:

Does anyone know how long applicants who were offered 2nd round offers have to accept?? (At least I think they are 2nd round offers, they were extended last week I believe).

Does anyone know whether the class is full yet??

Thanks

:)

RKS - I believe that an email that a friend received said that, as of April 27th, all the places had been filled.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Awesome. Congrats surefire!... I'm sure you'll have access to a great research network in Toronto and city isn't half bad. I was previously at McGill and Western, and from what I've seen at UofT, I think the grad facilities are probably the best I've seen. I'm applying to the HPME institute (Health Policy,Management and Evaluation) at U of T.....anyone else?

Hi there, I am planning to apply to uoft for hpme. you applied already?

Thanks!

Hi there, I am planning to apply to uoft for hpme. you applied already?

Thanks!

Hey. I'm actually two months in my program (studying HSR). Let me know if you'd like any specific info on the Institute or programs, I'd be happy to help! Good luck with your apps.

Edited by MaxiJaz

Hey. I'm actually two months in my program (studying HSR). Let me know if you'd like any specific info on the Institute or programs, I'd be happy to help! Good luck with your apps.

Oh wow thats awesome! Congratulations! I hope you are liking the program. Do you mind if I message you about the personal statement?

Thanks so much!!!!