University of Toronto-any news 2012 fall?

gexinhmily

Someone got into OISE for the school and clinical child psychology program... i saw someone post their acceptance on the results page.. who is the lucky person? congrats!! come out and show yourself so we can bombard you with questions :P

Anyone apply to U of T for MA in criminology? Last week SGS status changed from 'under review' to 'decision made' and have not hear anything yet. Is it safe to safe my hopes are over? :(

Hi, I applied to MA Crim @ UofT as well, but so far no status change or any other update from them yet. Mine still says "under review" ... so I can't give you much insight into what their decision may be! Hopefully it is good news though!

Good luck.. I'll let you know if I hear anything else!

Anyone apply to U of T for MA in criminology? Last week SGS status changed from 'under review' to 'decision made' and have not hear anything yet. Is it safe to safe my hopes are over? :(

Hey melissa_2323,

I applied for the PhD level. I've gotten no word and my status is still "under review". I'm thinking of e-mailing them to let them know that I'm going to be taking one of my other offers and to... I don't know... withdraw my file? I wonder if it would be less disruptive if I just let the process run its course and see what decision comes down...

Anyway, I was accepted to the Sociology Department at U of T in February, and my status on THAT file just changed to "Decision Made" this week; more than a month since I was given the unofficial offer and three weeks since I got the official offer in the mail. I'm not sure that I can read the SGS tea leaves on this one... I'm sorry that it's stressing you out!

Hi, I applied to MA Crim @ UofT as well, but so far no status change or any other update from them yet. Mine still says "under review" ... so I can't give you much insight into what their decision may be! Hopefully it is good news though!

Good luck.. I'll let you know if I hear anything else!

Rogue029! It's good to see you crop up again!

Did you go ahead and confirm with SLST at York, or are you waiting for verdicts on your other apps first? I was up at York last week and met with the SLST grad director RIGHT before she held the MA open house (did you get to go?) My offer still stands re: advice-giving, I'm happy to share! I think that I'm going to have to give up my SLST PhD offer for the U of T's Sociology Department one, and though it's the best thing for my interests and research, it was still a really tough decision!

Hope that all's well with you! PM me at your leisure!

Edited by surefire

Hey melissa_2323,

I applied for the PhD level. I've gotten no word and my status is still "under review". I'm thinking of e-mailing them to let them know that I'm going to be taking one of my other offers and to... I don't know... withdraw my file? I wonder if it would be less disruptive if I just let the process run its course and see what decision comes down...

Anyway, I was accepted to the Sociology Department at U of T in February, and my status on THAT file just changed to "Decision Made" this week; more than a month since I was given the unofficial offer and three weeks since I got the official offer in the mail. I'm not sure that I can read the SGS tea leaves on this one... I'm sorry that it's stressing you out!

Rogue029! It's good to see you crop up again!

Did you go ahead and confirm with SLST at York, or are you waiting for verdicts on your other apps first? I was up at York last week and met with the SLST grad director RIGHT before she held the MA open house (did you get to go?) My offer still stands re: advice-giving, I'm happy to share! I'm going to have to give up my PhD offer for U of T's Sociology Department, and though it's the best thing for my interests and research, it was still a really tough decision!

Hope that all's well with you! PM me at your leisure!

Hi Surefire,

Yes, I confirmed with York SLST, so it looks like I will have a home there in the fall (provided the next few weeks go smoothly of course!). I was trying to wait for resposes from all the programs I applied to, but SLST was my absolute #1 all a long.. it sounds like they have everyhing I'm looking for, fit into my long term plans well and are giving me full funding. After some thought I decided not to overcomplicate the decision and just accept, besides I don't think acceptances from my two remaing programs would change my mind anyways. Although, I'm in the same boat as you as far as my UofT Crim application goes... I'm not sure if I should withdraw or just wait it out.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to the SLST MA open house last week... :( too many obligations keeping me close to home (and my books) at the moment. I will likely be trying to make it up for a visit in the near future though, and meet with the director as well. I definitely would not mind words of wisdom you may have! I appreciate the offer... I will probably send you a message soon (although it may be after my head clears from thesis writing panic and I can actually think clearly about what I've gotten myself into! lol)

By the way, it sounded like you were facing a tough decision yourself, have you made a decision as well? I can only imagine it would have been difficult to chose between the programs you were accepted to, although I must say the acceptances you recieved at the PhD level must be encouraging on their own! :) I can imagine the UofT vs York decision cannot be an easy one. As I mentioned I was waiting for a response from UofT as well, but defintely felt like York was a better fit for my interests and approach right now overall.

Anyways congrats on your acceptances! Looking forward to talking with you about the program!

Good luck to those applying to the MPP program. I've still got 'Under Review'. :angry:

Urbanaut, have you heard anything yet from the MPP program @ u of t??? mine still says under review, and I haven't heard anything from them. :(

Thanks for your insights Rogue029 and surefire. It's nice to know that I'm not the only in this predicament. Its my top choice and would be nice to know where I'm headed. I will definitely post updates as they come. Good Luck to you both!

I'm also waiting for the Munk School (Asia-Pacific MA), I called the program administrator for the MAPS program and she said I would "definitely hear back by the end of March"

I got an offer from the Munk School of Global Affairs -MGA yesterday afternoon. Not sure about he MAPS though.

I got an offer from the Munk School of Global Affairs -MGA yesterday afternoon. Not sure about he MAPS though.

Congrats! Are you going to accept?

I still haven't heard anything yet and it's getting a little frustrating...

Congrats! Are you going to accept?

I still haven't heard anything yet and it's getting a little frustrating...

I am not sure yet. I'm trying to decide between NPSIA and MUNK. I don't know about MAPS, but MGA doesn't offer much in the way of funding and Toronto is an expensive city.

What do you think?

I am not sure yet. I'm trying to decide between NPSIA and MUNK. I don't know about MAPS, but MGA doesn't offer much in the way of funding and Toronto is an expensive city.

What do you think?

Well, I'm not too familiar with either the MGA or NPSIA programs.

But I believe the enrollment number for the MGA program is pretty exclusive/limited, and for an IR program, I think a small program is very important.

Also, if you are more of the "academic" type rather than "professional,"I think the Munk School is better for that.

This are all very vague and generalized ideas, I don't actually know....

Edited by canteaus

just received a letter via post from iSchool. rejected for the PhD program in information studies. a bit disappointed, but research fit wasn't that great to begin with, and i have an offer from another school that is almost the perfect fit with funding, so no biggie.

my u of t status has changed to "decision made" yesterday but I haven't received any email/mail about the decision!! Some people received acceptance email 3 days ago and I got nothing! I guess I have to prepare for the worst.

I am applying ECE (electrical engineering) program. i have got interviews at beginning of the Feb. and then i have not heard anything back from the university. My status has never changed since that. However, I have not seen anyone else who got admission for ECE PhD in this forum. I guess they are really slow on selecting the graduate student.

I got a reply from:

MScPl on the 5th - Acceptance with scholarship (declined)

MA Political Science on the 8th - Acceptance but they don't fund anyone (declined)

MPP on the 16th - Acceptance with scholarship

MAPS on the 21st - Acceptance with scholarship

MGA - Nothing yet, probably a rejection since I see that someone has heard. Though they did acceptances into April last year.

I'm probably accepting the joint MPP-MAPS collaborative program, but I don't want to decide until I hear from MGA - either way.

What do you think?

Hey, did you get an official letter of offer yet? I got accepted to MGA too, but still waiting on the letter. They say that any financial support information, if applicable, will be in that letter.

MGA is also an OSAP-approved program, if it helps. You may be able to get loans/grants that way to cover cost.

I got waitlisted for a History MA at University of Toronto. They told me my position was no. 9. Does anyone know if that's a competitive waitlist position?

Edited by abierto