University of Toronto-any news 2012 fall?

gexinhmily

I saw this too! On a different forum last year someone apparently heard early in March..I think march 7th or 8th..I didn't know that the admissions decisions dragged on last year...I haven't heard a peep since my status changed to under review. :angry:.... :( !

Based on what I've read, and from some friends who completed the MPP program, SPPG tends to be pretty slow with admissions... The admissions rate of below 10% is a daunting figure though. Nevertheless, fingers crossed, as from all accounts it's a pretty great program (minus the premium tuition).

Based on what I've read, and from some friends who completed the MPP program, SPPG tends to be pretty slow with admissions... The admissions rate of below 10% is a daunting figure though. Nevertheless, fingers crossed, as from all accounts it's a pretty great program (minus the premium tuition).

Yeah, that figure is not pleasant to think about in terms of chances getting into the program--fingers crossed, indeed! I've heard good things about the program also.. For me it's premium 2 year tuition fees+moving to an expensive place like toronto!--I hope I get in though, so I can make that decision!

Next week is mid-march, I think that's when the bulk of their first round offers go out...I think.

I don't really know where I stand with U of T, because I haven't been able to find out much about last years stats for those students who were admitted into the program... Have you?

Anyone here applying to the urban planning program?

I got into U of T planning last week, and was notified via email. My SGS status still says "under review" for some reason but I received an official letter with the conditions today. So for anyone still waiting, the online website is not very accurate...

Have any of you guys interviewed for your programs? I interviewed yesterday and I was wondering how long I have to wait for a decision. It has barely been 24 hours and the wait is killing me!

Ok...this is weird...so as my last post suggested, my interview was on Friday, and today I got an e-mail saying I was accepted. I'm thrilled. This was my second year trying. For those of you fearing the worst...keep trying. I took this year off building my resume, got a great internship (unpaid...but good reference), and made sure the interviewers knew that I had researched their program very well at the interview. Good luck to everyone who are still waiting!

Ok...this is weird...so as my last post suggested, my interview was on Friday, and today I got an e-mail saying I was accepted. I'm thrilled. This was my second year trying. For those of you fearing the worst...keep trying. I took this year off building my resume, got a great internship (unpaid...but good reference), and made sure the interviewers knew that I had researched their program very well at the interview. Good luck to everyone who are still waiting!

Congratulations! B)

Congrats!

I've seen you pacing the board not-so-patiently waiting and I know that the suspense was eating at you a bit; I'm so pleased that it's resolved for you! Thank you so much for sharing your experience and being upfront with your "second-time" status! I know that it's encouraging for those coming to grips with, potentially, taking on a second app season or are in the midst of trying to soldier through experience/character-builders like unpaid internships (I did one of these last year and had to have two other part-time gigs to make it work!)

I hope that you took some time for self-care/reward (which, in this process, is more about self-preservation than self-indulgence!)

Congrats again and best of luck!

I've been lurking here the past couple of weeks and thought I'd share... my application status for the MPP program changed to "Decision Made" this morning. I haven't heard anything yet though. The suspense is killing me!!

I've been lurking here the past couple of weeks and thought I'd share... my application status for the MPP program changed to "Decision Made" this morning. I haven't heard anything yet though. The suspense is killing me!!

Hey, I thought I'd share as well! Mine just changed to "decision made" too. Good luck all.

Still no word from MA socio-cultural anthropology! (or any MA anthro if the results page is any indication). Anyone emailed to ask when results will go out?

Edit: I just emailed to ask when I will find out o.O

Edited by nicolemc

A friend was just accepted to MPP @ UofT

It is deeply frustrating that everything rolls out so slowly. It's not so bad waiting until you start hearing that some results have started going out.

It is deeply frustrating that everything rolls out so slowly. It's not so bad waiting until you start hearing that some results have started going out.

Urbanaut, my sentiments exactly... My status also still says under review -- It's killing me a little bit day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute! :(

Blueparade & going_to_win, best of luck--do let us know what happens! :)

Canteaus: thank you for letting us know :)

Edited by RKS

i feel you urbanaut! i applied to a rolling admissions program in january and haven't heard anything (and of course -- no website status change!) while people who applied on the funding deadline heard two weeks later. THERE IS NO JUSTICE.

How did you find out about the offer? It's now March and I applied to the PhD program but my app still says "under review." I also haven't been invited to any interviews or open-houses (although being invited to an open-house isn't usually a sign of anything from my experience - that is why they are "open")

don't fret steeloatmeal and superbygk! the admissions committee for the ischool masters program has completely different people on it than the ph.d. program (http://www.ischool.utoronto.ca/governance-policies/council-year). that's probably why it's taking longer. applications for ph.d. programs would be a lot more extensive than masters ones and thus take longer to review, yes?

Edited by emeleyes

just got an (email) acceptance for the master of information (MI) program! =) this was a rolling admission program and i waited for 10 weeks, so i feel your pain, uofters still waiting!

fyi, i checked my status on my application and it says decision made. it still said "under review" this morning, so it seems to me that they are pretty on the ball about changing application statuses...

just got an (email) acceptance for the master of information (MI) program! =) this was a rolling admission program and i waited for 10 weeks, so i feel your pain, uofters still waiting!

fyi, i checked my status on my application and it says decision made. it still said "under review" this morning, so it seems to me that they are pretty on the ball about changing application statuses...

Congrats!

Congratz! Enjoy UofT! :)

don't fret steeloatmeal and superbygk! the admissions committee for the ischool masters program has completely different people on it than the ph.d. program (http://www.ischool.u...es/council-year). that's probably why it's taking longer. applications for ph.d. programs would be a lot more extensive than masters ones and thus take longer to review, yes?

Thanks for that link emeleyes. I also heard PhDs will be given decision at the end of March (another week and a half of waiting!). It is interesting to see who is on the PhD committee. Do you happen to about how many PhD applicants they take on annually?

Congratulations! :)

^ That gets right to the heart of how I feel... haha. Wonder what the admissions office would think if they got that as the body of a status inquiry email.

(The fact that I'm even thinking about that shows how close to insanity the disquieting quiet is pushing me)