Washington DC - Area International Affairs Schools (Admissions)

PrattIAFF

You dont want to be zzz-ing when WWS releases their decisions, which I think will be late next week.....

Lol! Yeah, I think WWS might notify us on Thursday or Friday of next week. I probably wake up, read my rejection letter, and then fall back to sleep. My ego may have met its match with WWS :unsure:

the SIS admission login page is down for "scheduled maintenance." Spidey sense tells me decisions are a-coming.

I was able to get on to my VIP admissions page for AU SIS this morning.

You are a security studies candidate I see. Which SIS program did you apply to? US Foreign Policy?

I was able to get on to my VIP admissions page for AU SIS this morning.

You are a security studies candidate I see. Which SIS program did you apply to? US Foreign Policy?

Yep, US Foreign policy. I was lucky enough to meet with a couple of grads from the program and they suggested that tract over peace/conflict resolution. I was obviously a bit hopeful about the site being down, so sick of this process.

Yep, US Foreign policy. I was lucky enough to meet with a couple of grads from the program and they suggested that tract over peace/conflict resolution. I was obviously a bit hopeful about the site being down, so sick of this process.

I hear you. Just a couple more weeks . . . a couple of slow, torturous, painful, etc. etc. weeks

If you happen to get into all your schools, what's your order of preference?

I hear you. Just a couple more weeks . . . a couple of slow, torturous, painful, etc. etc. weeks

If you happen to get into all your schools, what's your order of preference?

Short answer: whatever school gives the best financial aid package. I didn't apply to any school I wouldn't be happy to go to.

Long Answer: my wife has also been accepted to Ph.D. in Education programs in both geographic areas, so we will need to sit down with all of our acceptances and make a family decision. of course, a full-tuition scholarship at Georgetown is basically impossible to turn down, but that ain't happening.

Haha!

To those who want a new distraction to make the wait tolerable : http://web.ics.purdu...n/eightball.cgi

Found in a post from 2009.. really need to get a life :huh: - two more weeks!

Apparently, I am getting into Georgetown and American, but rejected by Duke and Texas. We shall see...

Apparently, I am getting into Georgetown and American, but rejected by Duke and Texas. We shall see...

Yeah I am in at American, Elliott, Fletcher and SOAS, but rejected at Oxford, Cambridge, LSE and (surprisingly) BU. Not bad for an online eight-ball. Haha if only we could get our real notifications this easily and quickly.

Yeah I am in at American, Elliott, Fletcher and SOAS, but rejected at Oxford, Cambridge, LSE and (surprisingly) BU. Not bad for an online eight-ball. Haha if only we could get our real notifications this easily and quickly.

When did you hear from Elliott and which program? I've only heard back from American so far. Anyone heard from Georgetown MSFS or SAIS?

Haha!

To those who want a new distraction to make the wait tolerable : http://web.ics.purdu...n/eightball.cgi

Found in a post from 2009.. really need to get a life :huh: - two more weeks!

When did you hear from Elliott and which program? I've only heard back from American so far. Anyone heard from Georgetown MSFS or SAIS?

This is really making it worse. :rolleyes:

:D

Wow. The Magic 8 Ball is right so far - heard back from both Gtown and AU yesterday. Guess I should brace myself for my last two to be rejections! ;)

I think DualCitizen was responding to the Magic 8 ball predictions :D. Folks have yet to hear back from SAIS, MSFS, or Elliot IR. SAIS said theirs would come out around the 14th and Elliot thereabouts as well.

Wow. The Magic 8 Ball is right so far - heard back from both Gtown and AU yesterday. Guess I should brace myself for my last two to be rejections! ;)

Outlook from the Magic 8 Ball is on the money so far. That's quite creepy!

If it gets all of yours and all of mine right, we might be on to something that deserves its own thread... :P Maybe I should ask it about funding, too?

If it gets all of yours and all of mine right, we might be on to something that deserves its own thread... :P Maybe I should ask it about funding, too?

Turns out that it was wrong; got into Texas. There goes THAT plan :P I think it may be really messed up that I'm almost disappointed it wasn't right simply because that would have been crazy. (but only *almost* since I really like UT ha)