Washington DC - Area International Affairs Schools (Admissions)

PrattIAFF

In at Elliot. Congrats to the other admits, esp rebma... was hoping you'd get that good news after American!

Thanks! I was so worried. I'm so much more at ease now - after all, you only have to get into one school. Any other acceptances are just bonuses!

I also got into that program. Quite a relief since I was getting anxious after my rejection from american.

Congrats! I actuallu prefer doing intl trade than idev at SIS, and i got in at SIS (still im very happy about it).... Funny how life works right!

Now i want to sing this song to all of the schools that applied:

Causeee I cant make you love me if you dont! (adele's and bon iver's version)

Got into Elliott (posting a couple days late) for International Development Studies! So excited, but definitely waiting to hear about financing. The only DC school I applied too...waiting out the rest still. This is a big week :D

Congrats! I actuallu prefer doing intl trade than idev at SIS, and i got in at SIS (still im very happy about it).... Funny how life works right!

Interesting! I'm surprised you didn't go for Intl Econ Relations at SIS then, that's what I went for. I'm hoping to focus on intl econ development and wanted more of a quantitative focus so I avoided the development programs.

Interesting! I'm surprised you didn't go for Intl Econ Relations at SIS then, that's what I went for. I'm hoping to focus on intl econ development and wanted more of a quantitative focus so I avoided the development programs.

I also avoided the development programs, even though that's what I want to do, in favor of a more quant focused masters...but I'm jealous of how all the development programs seem to have released admissions decisions already! This wait is killing me. I just want to call in sick and sleep through tomorrow and wake up on the 14th.

I also avoided the development programs, even though that's what I want to do, in favor of a more quant focused masters...but I'm jealous of how all the development programs seem to have released admissions decisions already! This wait is killing me. I just want to call in sick and sleep through tomorrow and wake up on the 14th.

Sounds like we have similar intentions. You must be awesome like me then :) And I hear that...I'm getting nothing accomplished at work. Plus I'll be out of the country from the 14th to the 23rd so I was really hoping to hear before leaving. My plan is to not check my email while I'm on vacay. =/

Because:

1. If im not mistaken the intl econ is only 1 year, i want to take a break from my office as long as i couldm since they pay me for this.

2 i dont have that much of quant courses.. So i have to at least have one school as a safe bet by choosing the idev path

wow! GW offered me $30k! I'm in complete shock right now.

Congratulations RebmaLS ! It's quite interesting to see a school better ranked than AU, in this case GW, offers you such a nice package while SIS didn't think much of it all. I understand you must be on cloud 9 :)

A few minutes ago, GWU wrote and is willing to afford $20k on me. I'm jealous of you ;) Same with SIS, no funding at all ! So I guess if I don't hear back from SIPA, and SAIS, I will be leaning towards GWU. What do you guys think? I wanna be certain than their IDS program is stronger than SIS -IDEV.

I called GU's GPPI (not the SFS) and they said that all acceptances should be out by the end of next week- including acceptances for the MIDP (in case anyone else applied to it).

Also, I called SIPA and they said that decisions will START going out on the 14th- just as their blog said- and that they will be sent in the order in which applications were received- this also includes applications for the MPA-DP...

Good luck to all of those who got into Elliot and SIS!

Congratulations RebmaLS ! It's quite interesting to see a school better ranked than AU, in this case GW, offers you such a nice package while SIS didn't think much of it all. I understand you must be on cloud 9 :)

A few minutes ago, GWU wrote and is willing to afford $20k on me. I'm jealous of you ;) Same with SIS, no funding at all ! So I guess if I don't hear back from SIPA, and SAIS, I will be leaning towards GWU. What do you guys think? I wanna be certain than their IDS program is stronger than SIS -IDEV.

Thanks! cloud 9 to say the least! Just last week I was wondering if I'd get in anywhere at all.

I'm with you, it'll be hard to turn down free money. $20k is still excellent for a school like GW! Congrats to you as well :)

got my (lack of) funding information from Elliott. Looks like they are off the list like AU, not worth the money to me.

wow! GW offered me $30k! I'm in complete shock right now.

Weird, I still haven't received any word (yes or no) on financial aid from GWU. Anyone else accepted but not heard about fin-aid yet?

$20k from GWU... I love the program but not really sure it's worth $30K+ a year of debt when American offered me so much more (plus the chance to work with faculty).

I am starting to freak out here. Why hasn't GW contacted me about fin-aid one way or the other?!

Based on what I've seen you write in this forum, not just about yourself but advice to others, I'd be really surprised if they didn't throw some kind of money your way. Maybe they take longer to hand out the really lucrative fellowships.

I am starting to freak out here. Why hasn't GW contacted me about fin-aid one way or the other?!

I'd give it today then I'd shoot them an email and ask when you're likely to hear. I wouldn't freak out yet at all, they may just be dealing with IDEV etc. first and moving on to Security Studies later.

That's some sage, sound advice from both of you (and thanks for the kind words ajl), which I will completely disregard. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to mainline coffee and refresh my email every 5 seconds until I'm wielding a little carpal tunnel claw.

Edited by MYRNIST

That's some sage, sound advice from both of you (and thanks for the kind words ajl), which I will completely disregard. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to mainline coffee and refresh my email every 5 seconds until I'm wielding a little carpal tunnel claw.

Yeah, i think the "IDEV fellowship results first out" theory makes sense, if this can offer you peace of mind. But um...I am totally with you when it comes to checking mailbox every 5 seconds to see whether i have got mail. This week will be a torture and i should take sick leave all week!