Washington DC - Area International Affairs Schools (Admissions)

PrattIAFF

No worries - their loss I'm sure! Who else are you waiting on?

everyone: SIPA, SAIS, SFS, Fletcher, Jackson, NYU. I heard from SIS earlier this week and got in there. Starting to feel a little panic-y. I want options! Please...?

Waitlisted at Elliott.

Beyond the initial "....uhhuh, okay." I am actually stoked that my Magic 8 Ball predictions are 2/2 right now!

Ha! Mine almost were... I think our minds have been twisted (hopefully not beyond repair) by this whole process.

Waitlisted at Elliott.

Beyond the initial "....uhhuh, okay." I am actually stoked that my Magic 8 Ball predictions are 2/2 right now!

Also waitlisted....they said would notify by May 18....May 18!!!

I got into Elliott! Can't believe it!

Rejected by the first one (that felt terrible), accepted by the next. I'M SO RELIEVED! holy crap...thought I might actually have to start looking for another job - who wants to do that? PHEW! YAY! Time to celebrate. Some money would be nice too...fingers crossed.

Hey SAIS applicants, while we wait I'd love to hear how you approached your policy memo.

Anyone care to share? I'll start.

Wrote about India's nonaligned foreign policy and why it is in India's (and the world's) best interest for India to start playing an active role in international diplomacy and democracy promotion. Fits in with my overall work experience and focus on international democracy. Tried to model it in the form of an Economist article: concise, straightforward, clear policy recommendations.

I got in at SIS, but got wait listed at GWU... Now I really am nervous about SAIS!!! will i got in??? Oh God!

About my SAIS Policy memo, I wrote about the global economy.. titled "Saving the global economic growth: a cacophony or harmony"

Emphasizing on the different approaches taken by US (fiscal expansion), EU (fiscal tightening), and Asia. Oh I cannot think of anything right now, too worried about SAIS Admissions decision

In at Elliott. Glad to have at least one DC option. Still waiting on SAIS and SFS like 90% of you (I know both schools are each a reach for me, so I am hopeful, but also realistic).

Edited by yo_yo86

in at Elliot in International Development Studies. Also accepted to SIS - ID program last week ! I can't believe it that i got into 2 top schools in DC. My background is in engineering but I guess through well written SOPs, carefully selected referees, and 6 years of field work experience in Africa (I'm getting old my god :-) it somewhat worked out to my advantage. Now waiting as the rest of you on SIPA and SAIS decisions, both on March 14 which is also my bday no kidding !!!!!

Good luck to all.

in at Elliot in International Development Studies. Also accepted to SIS - ID program last week ! I can't believe it that i got into 2 top schools in DC. My background is in engineering but I guess through well written SOPs, carefully selected referees, and 6 years of field work experience in Africa (I'm getting old my god :-) it somewhat worked out to my advantage. Now waiting as the rest of you on SIPA and SAIS decisions, both on March 14 which is also my bday no kidding !!!!!

Good luck to all.

Congrats! Your birthday will hopefully be a good day for us all!

congrats to all elliotteers. I am in too (international affairs) and waiting for others now. I hope the best for everyone

how do you rate this department anyway, is it better than georgetown MSFS?

Yes, me. Quite unexpected actually as I am straight out of undergrad!

wow congrats Waffle! Lets hope I'll be getting out of the wait list so I can join you on that program!

Anyway,

Just got an Email from Erin Cameron, the Associate Director of Admissions at SAIS. She told me that SAIS is expecting to release decisions by the end of this week! Let's hope that Wednesday is considered the end of the week!

Best of luck everyone!