I Just Need a Hug

Dear sweet baby jesus laying there in your manger....please oh please oh please let Miami report to me and tell me that I am in. I single out Miami because they should report like now. I cannot take this waiting anymore. AT ALL. The anxiety is on full blast and lolo needs a hug....constantly!

I wold kill for a wait list at this point. Kill. Luckily I'm still in the running for both the University of Oregon and the University of Rochester. They have been my two top choices all along.

Everyone here needs hugs. Many hugs. It's so hard for me to see the other threads where people are like "how do I politely tell six schools (or x amount of schools) that I need to pass up my acceptance?" I wish people could just donate acceptances over, haha.

I wold kill for a wait list at this point. Kill. Luckily I'm still in the running for both the University of Oregon and the University of Rochester. They have been my two top choices all along.

Everyone here needs hugs. Many hugs. It's so hard for me to see the other threads where people are like "how do I politely tell six schools (or x amount of schools) that I need to pass up my acceptance?" I wish people could just donate acceptances over, haha.

I agree on all accounts, especially the last section. I've begun planning a third season of apps in an attempt to motivate past the shame of asking professors for letters a third time . . . and I'm still waiting on 5 schools (two of which are great, great fits and one of which is my top choice: Rochester). I'm a neurotic mess after going 0/5 so far this round and 1/10 (an unfunded) last round. I mean, the first round was good schools but not good fits . . . but . . . damn.

Biiiig hugs all around! You guys have been so kind, supportive, and informative, and it fills me with relief to know that there are such wonderful people who will be entering PhD programs across the world in the next few years. Hopefully I'll be PhD-ing it up with y'all two years from now!

I agree on all accounts, especially the last section. I've begun planning a third season of apps in an attempt to motivate past the shame of asking professors for letters a third time . . . and I'm still waiting on 5 schools (two of which are great, great fits and one of which is my top choice: Rochester). I'm a neurotic mess after going 0/5 so far this round and 1/10 (an unfunded) last round. I mean, the first round was good schools but not good fits . . . but . . . damn.

This. I feel you. I hope we both get into Rochester. I hope you get in to one (with funding). I really do. Third season of applications must be extraordinarily difficult to handle. This whole process has been messing with me to no end.

HUG!

I wish I could give out real once, since these threads seem so extraordinarily supportive. I feel like this is a cyber-commune. Remember: it's not over until April 15th...and April 15th comes every year. I, too, have thought, "man, if people could decline an offer and nominate their replacement, we'd all be happy..."

To everyone in this forum community,

Thank you for being so goddamned supportive. It's especially comforting to see such support for people who you don't even know. I love it.

That's all.

This. I feel you. I hope we both get into Rochester. I hope you get in to one (with funding). I really do. Third season of applications must be extraordinarily difficult to handle. This whole process has been messing with me to no end.

And the same back to you. And woot for both into Rochester, eh? Especially due to different specializations (I'm focusing on 20th century American lit/film primarily).