Dear March...

sansao

I think the trouble started one March when the Hatter murdered 'time' by singing,

"Twinkle, twinkle, little bat!

How I wonder what you're at!

Up above the world you fly,

Like a tea-tray in the sky."

To quote the Hatter, `he(time) won't do a thing I ask! It's always six o'clock now.'

This thread turned into abstract metaphor central, heh.

Beware the ides of March.

;)

What with my previous post about "et, tu...," I find this alarming. :unsure:

Hear are some good tidings... after two years of trying and 9 rejections, March brought me my first acceptance!

Awesome! Now if it will just pan out for the rest of us.

SANSAO, i notice you are in arizona and you are applying to geoscience programs. By any chance, are you applying to ASU? i'm applying to their geosciences program on the planetary sciences track, but i haven't heard anything yet.

Oh cool. :) Yes, I am applying to ASU, and I haven't heard anything yet (no one I've talked to has either, btw). Which professors are you looking at? ASU has some pretty awesome planetary science stuff going on right now (including a NASA Space Grant fellowship - go to nasa.asu.edu). I applied to the geophysics/mineral physics focus.

As of today, my neurotic side kicked into overdrive. The last of my top choice's interview weekends just wrapped up, and they told me that they would be sitting down after that to make final admissions and funding decisions and be mailing those out ASAP. So even though logically I know this is going to take more than a couple hours, I really need to find something else to do to take my mind off obsessively checking my email and their website.

As of today, my neurotic side kicked into overdrive. The last of my top choice's interview weekends just wrapped up, and they told me that they would be sitting down after that to make final admissions and funding decisions and be mailing those out ASAP. So even though logically I know this is going to take more than a couple hours, I really need to find something else to do to take my mind off obsessively checking my email and their website.

I would find that nerve-wracking too. I know you're never supposed to go to interviews with expectations, but I definitely would have been looking for hints throughout the process. I've found solitaire to be helpful in relieving the obsession to some degree (how awful is that?). Also, driving around listening to music was nice (until gas prices went sailing to the moon). Best of luck!