Fall 2013 Applicants?

runaway

It was I. Though I haven't received the official letter yet, my admission status was changed on the graduate school's website.

According to my POI, letters will be mailed out soon.

Congratulations! If you are talking about the MyBama website nothing has changed on my “Admission Type:” Probably just waiting for the Graduate School to mail out rejections…. Disappointing, but oh well :(

Although I received one acceptance so far (I have 7 left with one rejection), I still feel like sitting on fire because the one I got admitted to with funding just sent me an email notifying me on fellowship and I have not heard back from any other schools on my list. Have any of you received official letters with funding offer from your schools? Does it take that long for department to prepare documents? I appreciate your advices ! 

Note the above, Lafayette. History of American Civilization is the program you applied to, right?

I suspect those decisions have been sent out as well, since I remember visiting a school in late February last year and a prospective student there was trying to choose between that history department and Harvard's History of Am Civ. But of course I don't know about their admissions process this cycle, or whether they have a waitlist for their program.

Penn got around to sending its email, which looks like the most generic, default form auto-generated from ApplyYourself and doesn't even give the name of the school. I can see it winding up in lots of spam folders.

I've asked this question before, but if there are any lurkers out there that applied to Drew University's History and Culture Ph.D.?

I would appreciate a PM or response on this thread. I can't believe that I am the only applicant on Grad Cafe even if it is a moderately sized program.

Thanks.

I didn't apply to this program, but I am currently at Drew for undergrad and my advisor is head of the Phd program. I was told that they don't even start looking at applications until March, so my guess is you still have a wait left.

I didn't apply to this program, but I am currently at Drew for undergrad and my advisor is head of the Phd program. I was told that they don't even start looking at applications until March, so my guess is you still have a wait left.
I sent you a personal message. You may not have it set up to send you an email, so just in case...

Alright, well with today's Columbia massacre I'm through all my "maybe, just maybe I'll get in to this place if I apply!" schools and have only good fits remaining

that has to mean something, right? RIGHT?

I suspect those decisions have been sent out as well, since I remember visiting a school in late February last year and a prospective student there was trying to choose between that history department and Harvard's History of Am Civ. But of course I don't know about their admissions process this cycle, or whether they have a waitlist for their program.

Someone posted an acceptance today, & it's the first I've seen. That does not necessarily bode well, but it does seem in past years decisions have gone out later than Harvard history decisions, generally end of February.The application deadline was also much later than history's. But we'll see. I really am not feeling this one coming through, but it's not an implicit rejection, I don't think, yet. But I might be wrong. Oh, well.

Well, still waiting on 5 of my 8 schools.  That art history OSU admit nearly made me keel over, especially when "interview weekend" was mentioned.  Also still waiting on funding results from York, and I promised myself that I would not harass the poor history office guy until March 1. 

On the bright side, I survived giving my first conference paper.  :)  Got good reviews, and my department head -- who normally bounces around the conference to see his various students -- sat all the way through my panel.  Sent it to York POI, got a nice email back, and then got a "thank you for coming and sharing your paper, can't wait to read more of your work" email from the panel chair.  Maybe this year isn't my year, but at least I know I have some sort of mojo going on and I'm not totally misguided. :)

Is the consensus that no notice from Chicago at this point means an impending Social Sciences MA offer? I don't know if they have a history of delayed waitlist offers or not and the uploaded results from previous years are rather vague.

From previous years it does look like they occasionally take people off the waitlist. It's hard to filter out the Art History noise and results from other schools. I'm liking the look of the MAPSS program, though.

Given all we know, I'm really curious as to why Harvard (and to a lesser extent ND) are holding on to their rejections.

From previous years it does look like they occasionally take people off the waitlist. It's hard to filter out the Art History noise and results from other schools. I'm liking the look of the MAPSS program, though.

Search "history -art" to get rid of the Art History results. :)

Given all we know, I'm really curious as to why Harvard (and to a lesser extent ND) are holding on to their rejections.

They do seem to take from their waitlist, although I have a feeling we'd know if we were on it already. On the plus side, you can get lots of tuition remission for MAPSS -- they even give full scholarships to some students.

It looks like Harvard rejects via postal service, so that could be why it's taking longer. Sometimes they don't seem to notify until a little into March.

I know NYU has erratic ways, but I'm getting worried about it given a growing cluster of unofficial notices typically indicates decisions have been made...especially since all of these acceptances seem to line up with people interviewed/invited to their weekend.

Edited by czesc

This will be a little bit out of left field, but does anyone have any insight into what's going with admissions at U Missouri-Columbia? There's been absolutely nothing up on the results board either way.  

Sent in my "intent to enroll" form into Aber. It's not official because it's an unconditional offer but it was just more of a "Yeah, I'm still interested." 

I can tell I'm burned out by this process because I'm not jazzed about grad school right now. I'm just tired.

Hugs for the Columbia carnage.

I feel like we're in the last leg of a marathon. 

I can tell I'm burned out by this process because I'm not jazzed about grad school right now. I'm just tired.

Hugs for the Columbia carnage.

This has most definitely been a trying process...but it's almost March, folks!  Hang in there. :)

Ha!  I've been entering "history -art" so many times I started to think of our discipline as "history minus art."

I'm so relieved that the waiting is almost over!  Half my notifications arrived over the last couple of days -- I've hardly had time to absorb all the options, but I am really really excited for the future.

what about the argument that doing real history IS art?!

Oh yes, history with all the art taken out of it would be a pretty dull affair.  It always makes me a little sad to enter the phrase.  Brings to mind all the charts in the appendices of social history texts.  

*braces for criticism by social history chart lovers*

Edited by Katzenmusik