Princeton

beeswax

Congrats to those who got in!!! Do you guys think Princeton contacted everyone on the same day? This was my dream school, though I had a pretty good idea I'd get rejected (still sucks though :P)

Oh, and since I suspect the same people get into the same top schools, do you think they might accept others a little later, once some people decline offers? Or will they just admit less people this year if people decline? I need some ray of hope... but be truthful if you think it's over! ;)

I also contacted a potential advisor (the best fit for my doctoral research) and all I got was a freezing answer. I don't even know why I still bothered to apply. Of course, I've been rejected.

Well, I guess the moral of the story is that when American professors say "I'm looking forward to reading your application" what they actually mean is "Don't hold your breath".

Hey- does anyone know anything about Princeton? When their weekend is, etc?

I applied for Princeton, but I haven't got any news from it yet.

I called them on Feb.13. They said the graduate coordinater was out and did not send any decision out.

I called them again on Feb. 16 when I saw many students posted their admission info online. After asking my name, the graduate coordinater did not say anything but directed me to call graduate school. And then I called Graduate School, but they said I should contact the department to get the info...

I am confused that first, on Feb. 13, someones posted admission info online but the department said they did send out anything, and second, why the graduate coodinater did not tell me the decision when I called her on Monday.

Is it over, like somebody said?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone know how the Princeton sociology faculty fares in social network analysis? Their culture and institutional areas of focus are very strongly represented (DiMaggio, Zelizer, etc), but I'm not so sure about networks. Has anyone taken network courses in Princeton sociology?