Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Well i think most acceptances will be out over the first two weeks of Feb, based on the results board of last year. Seems as though most rejections come out later... end of Feb or early March. So I'm definitely hoping for at least some action in early Feb!!

Yup, my reading of it too.

ONE DOWN! (Illinois)

I answered the phone without much interest since it woke me up. I was wide awake after she told me where she was calling from.

That is an awesome wake up call! Congrats!

Wow, congratulations!  How are you going to celebrate?

Right now I'm still a bit stunned. I wasn't expecting to hear back today of all days.

I screamed from the balcony. Does that count?

And thank you for all the congratulations! I hope those of you still waiting for your first (acceptance) notification get one soon! It is a relief.

Edited by Lemeard

Oh, yes, I saw that. Maybe it's a good sign for all of us, we will get early letters and could plan accordingly. 

Yeah would be great to just know and plan! That acceptance seems at odds with previous years though.

Yeah would be great to just know and plan! That acceptance seems at odds with previous years though.

I was wondering about that too since Columbia seemed to be one of the slowest programs in previous years, until a second admit posted on the results board a few minutes ago.

Seeing the acceptances starting to get posted isn't helping my anxiety much.  I have to remind myself that none of the schools I applied to have shown up on the board yet.  Wisconsin sent acceptance e-mails on the Tuesday following MLK day last year.  It would make my year to hear from them tomorrow.

Congrats to those who have heard back already! 

Do schools send out all acceptances/rejections at once, or do people hear back over a span of a few days? I'm just anticipating someone posting something on the results board and me freaking out because I have yet to hear anything.

Do schools send out all acceptances/rejections at once, or do people hear back over a span of a few days? I'm just anticipating someone posting something on the results board and me freaking out because I have yet to hear anything.

I think it really depends on the program, year, unique circumstances, etc.  Some will do them all at once, some will do it in waves.  

So true.... And increased coffee intake!

well, i guess there will be difficulty sleeping this week.

Sorry guys. :(

Thanks. And I think this guy has it right:

I think it really depends on the program, year, unique circumstances, etc.  Some will do them all at once, some will do it in waves.  

I saw that another guy heard back form UIUC a week ago or so. And I didn't hear anything until today.