Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Hello. My handle is wemayet, and I am a GradCafe "search results" junkie.

It all started in the fall, when I was looking for application advice. I figured a little wouldn't hurt, you know? It didn't take long before I was spending most, then all, of my spare time reading forums. It didn't seem like a bad trade off for all the good feelings I was getting from what I was taking in. I grew to rely upon it. I needed it to get through applications. But even when applications were over, I still needed. I tried to quit cold turkey, but found myself going back for more. I think on purpose at some level, I had even lost my login for a while, hoping I'd forget. Then one day, I saw it. The first indication that someone from one of my schools had gotten an interview. That taste brought me back. Worse than before. A great hunger inside of me, I needed the information. On my tower, on my ipad, on my laptop... all browsers had a GradCafe tab. I'd hit that refresh button... dozens of times... sometime dozens of dozens of times in one hour. When I wake up, I reach for the nearest computerized device and hit refresh again and again. Someday, I hope to stop...

My handle is wemayet, and I am a GradCafe "search results" junkie.

dying laughing!!! (and at work oops!)

As I learned from the phone interview I took last week from USC, the DGS said they will make a meeting this week and will send final offers next week.

Thanks for the info! Congrats on the interview, I got one for UW so I am hoping it is a good sign - though I am a bit dissapointed that I didn't have one for USC.

Sorry if this has been covered but I've been in and out of meetings all morning: were the Michigan rejections and waitlists blast emails?

It doesn't seem that way. I got one like an hour after I saw someone on here post a rejection. I have a colleague who hasn't heard anything from Michigan yet.

Michigan purgatory for me as well...

Oh, well that's unfortunate. It changed for me, and there seem to be quite a few website rejections on the results page, so I assumed they had finally switched everything over. I think its best to assume that yours will be a late acceptance.

It doesn't seem that way. I got one like an hour after I saw someone on here post a rejection. I have a colleague who hasn't heard anything from Michigan yet.

Thanks! (And sorry, I haven't heard anything yet but I doubt that's a good sign). 

Where on the website does the status change?

WHERE IS MY MICHIGAN EMAIL?!

I don't really care what way it goes now. Just put me out of my misery.

I feel the same way. I'd prefer an email blast rather than whatever is currently happening (alphabetical rejections? rejections organized by subfield?) 

only every 19 seconds? i'm impressed by your restraint!

Let's hope my employer doesn't decide to check my internet history and see how many gradcafe page views I have been racking up between 8:00 and 5:00.

WHERE IS MY MICHIGAN EMAIL?!

I don't really care what way it goes now. Just put me out of my misery.

Ugh yes.  Just make it a quick and painless death please. 

Edit: grammar

Edited by Quigley

Does anybody have any hope of hearing from Columbia, MIT, UC Berkeley or Stanford today? I'm deciding whether to go to sleep or not. 

Don't wait up for MIT; you will likely get a letter via post. Colombia will probably start next week? I would guess the same for Berkeley and Stanford, but then again what do I know!

I feel the same way. I'd prefer an email blast rather than whatever is currently happening (alphabetical rejections? rejections organized by subfield?) 

agreed... maybe they can't do a blast email because of the problems with the Wolverine site?

Mine does too.  I'm still in purgatory at Michigan and UCLA too and refreshing roughly every 19 seconds.

I'm haven't heard anything from Michigan, UCLA, Chicago, MIT, etc. etc. etc.  NOTHING from anyone.  I'm guessing Chicago means a rejection from the PhD program, but the rest make no sense unless I'm on a waitlist.

This is killing me.

Don't wait up for MIT; you will likely get a letter via post. Colombia will probably start next week? I would guess the same for Berkeley and Stanford, but then again what do I know!

Doesn't Stanford typically do calls from professors?

By post? Seriously? Even for internationals? That would actually take forever. Better listen to Lemeard, then. 

Thanks! (And sorry, I haven't heard anything yet but I doubt that's a good sign). 

Where on the website does the status change?

you can start a Wolverine Friend account, but apparently it's not really working anyway.  My app (and others on here) still says "application not complete" but the dept has assured us that the Wolverine status is not necessarily accurate..

you can start a Wolverine Friend account, but apparently it's not really working anyway.  My app (and others on here) still says "application not complete" but the dept has assured us that the Wolverine status is not necessarily accurate..

I'm one of those with an incomplete status. And even though they assured me that they have the application, and that it'll be reviewed, I still have doubt...

Edited by Lemeard

I'm one of those with an incomplete status. And even though they assured me that they have the application, and that it'll be reviewed, I still have doubt...

After talking to them, I was under the impression that all of the apps had this problem.