Accept your safety or wait a year?

letigre

This year I only applied to two, in-state schools for my MSW. I was really hoping to get into UNC Chapel Hill, but unfortunately, was rejected this week. I just recieved an acceptance from another school that I really like, but definitely does not have Chapel Hill's reputation. Any advise on the difficult decision to accept or wait a year and reapply to my dream school? I should also note that I have a decent job and could save a good bit more in an additional year...I am just really anxious to head to grad school and get a job I really care about!

This year I only applied to two, in-state schools for my MSW. I was really hoping to get into UNC Chapel Hill, but unfortunately, was rejected this week. I just recieved an acceptance from another school that I really like, but definitely does not have Chapel Hill's reputation. Any advise on the difficult decision to accept or wait a year and reapply to my dream school? I should also note that I have a decent job and could save a good bit more in an additional year...I am just really anxious to head to grad school and get a job I really care about!

I would go to UNC-Charlotte. A lot of things could happen in the next 12 months.

When an opportunity presents itself, take it and enjoy the ride. Even if life doesn't go as planned sometimes, you can still be successful if you believe in yourself and give your very best in everything you do.

:)

Edited by SPDFG13579

I would take choice #2. This happened to me with my masters (rejected from first choice) and I went to my second. It was the best thing that could have happened to me and turns out the other one would not have been a good fit. You can always try and transfer if you hate it.

• 4 weeks later...

I went with my "safety" school--obviously I applied because I knew the programs were strong, but it is hard to give up the dream school--I'm actually on waitlist at mine so who knows what will happen if they call me in June with an offer. As it is though, I'm happy with my decision to go with the safety school rather than wait a year and try again; no more uncertainty is a great feeling.