Challenging the Grad Cafe: The Six Word Memoir

MDLee

So...Ernest Hemingway once wrote a six word novel: "Baby shoes for sale. Never worn."

On NPR before Valentine's Day they were doing "Six Word Love Memoirs" with some interesting (sometimes profound) responses.

Since you're all probably doing exactly what I am and trying to pass time (or as I am, avoiding thesis writing) on Grad Cafe...maybe we could start a thread of our own six word memoirs. And I'm not talking the generic life sayings like: "Live well, Love much, Laugh Often"...Something more personal--PLEASE!

It could be your own memoir or the memoir of your time waiting for grad apps/working through grad school/etc...

Sounded fun.

Here's Mine: "Another notification email arrived. Computer crashed." :D

ENJOY!

I have a few:

April 15th is too far off!

It is March yet? No! Hmmmphh...

Waiting is killing me and you.

My third thesis chapter is waiting...

Three rejections, three silent, where's luck?

Amen to all of the above. Especially the rejections thing. I've received 4 rejects...sigh...but I also have a thesis chapter waiting. Must focus. Must focus :D

Hear hear. That pretty much sums me up. I can't beat that, so I'll just echo it.

I have been trying to understand why UnlikelyGrad wrote that since the past 2 days, and I only understood now that it was a 6 word memoir (I should spend some time reading the topic of the thread) :)

Thanks UnlikelyGrad and DEClarke85!

My first attempt:

Don't foster false hope, bail out! :wink:

I have been trying to understand why UnlikelyGrad wrote that since the past 2 days, and I only understood now that it was a 6 word memoir (I should spend some time reading the topic of the thread) :)

Yes, it was a memoir. If I were writing six words about my current life, I would say:

Chewed fingernails. Pulled hair. Anxiety. SCREAM!!!

You said you have thesis chapter to focus on...

For me, I am yet to do some exploratory work to formulate my thesis fully (and I have only 6 weeks left) :oops:

Btw, how much will I make by trucking? :wink:

You should explore that thesis...six weeks go much faster than I'd like to admit in grad school. :shock:

I don't know how much cross-country truckers make...but I can tell you this, it is one heck of a lot more than what us poor grad students make! And you get the added benefit of seeing the great U.S.of A.