what was your success rate?

17%

Applied to 7 programs

Accepted: 1 (top choice!!!)

Rejected: 4

Heard nothing from: 2

My ego would have like to get accepted to more (all really), but I am in my top choice, so I guess that's all that matters.

28.6% acceptance rate, with 2 acceptances and 5 rejections. All that matters to me, though, is the 99% chance that I will be starting classes for my doctoral degree this coming Fall, which is really exciting! As long as you get in where you'll be happy, it doesn't matter how big your rejection pile was... at least, that's my opinion on the subject.

0% so far :unsure:

I'm still waiting on one last decision, but I don't know how likely it to be a positive one. In all likelihood, I'll trying again next year.

22.2%...1 PhD acceptance, 1 Masters acceptance, and 7 rejections (including my dream school). But after seeing first-hand just how competitive this process is, I am more than happy with my results!

I'm also at 25% for outside fellowships (accepted to 1, rejected from 3). I fully expected this rate to be 0%.

2009: 17% (5 outright rejections, counting the consolation MA as a success). 2010: 0%. 2011: 50% (1 rejection, 1 PhD acceptance with fellowship).

Not including the MA, all three years put together equals 6.67%. And more GRE and app fees than I'll ever let myself calculate ;)

Edited by OnceAndFutureGrad