Grad Student Bloggers

EquationForLife

Are there any other grad students or soon-to-be graduate students out there blogging their experiences? I feel like we should start a thread so we can follow each other.

I'm about to start my PhD at Vanderbilt and you can follow my experiences here (equationforlife.wordpress.com).

I love to read some of your blogs.

Hm, I've been thinking about starting a blog for when I start school. I figured it might be kind of stress-relieving to log my journey.I think I will do this, you've inspired me!

I'm in the process of getting mine up and running. I've had a blog since I was in high school but right now I'm working on creating one that's more fit for my professional/grown-up life. By this I mean I don't really want people I barely know to read about and/or judge me for my angst filled teenage/early undergraduate years. Ha ha. Library/information science has a huge online presence and I want to join their ranks, so the plan is to write about grad school and information science topics until I graduate and then transition it to a purely information science blog.

Once I get around to writing an entry or two I'll put a link here.

Hi everyone! Here's another thread about this topic:

I've been blogging for about a year and it's really helped improve my writing because of all the practice. I've also met some other grad students and been able to learn from them and share info with them - it's a great community!

I said this on the other thread, but I'll put it here too in case people don't check both:

Oh hi everybody! I started my blog almost a year ago, and I finally really picked up my writing over the course of the last month or so. I don't start grad school until the fall, but I have written a bit about my preparation for school. Otherwise, I write about things I like/don't like, politics/news, entertainment, etc. Feel free to check it out. The link is in my signature

I have said this before on here...I want to blog, but I honestly don't have enough to say...I am scared to start a blog about grad school and then have all my posts be about wanting to pull out my hair! haha

• 9 months later...
Guest Gnome Chomsky

I have said this before on here...I want to blog, but I honestly don't have enough to say...I am scared to start a blog about grad school and then have all my posts be about wanting to pull out my hair! haha

Start a blog about pulling out your hair and then you might end up writing about grad school.

I wish I had thought to start a blog at the beginning of my journey that is explicitly about graduate school.  I have learned so much over the past 5 years that it would be really interesting (and helpful to other beginning PhD students, I think) to look at my posts during my first and second years of graduate school and see how different they are now - or even in years three and four, when I was really in the valley.

I got the idea to start a blog after reading a topic on here somewhere where someone suggested writing everyday as a way to get in the habit of writing for the times when writer's block creeps up on you. I have started a blog on blogspot that I will post in my signature once I get it up and running the way I would like. I would love to read up on others' experience. I am very interested to read my posts from 4-7 years from now once I finish. My only wish is that I had started back when I first started my applications, although the process was so long and stressful that I don't believe that I will ever forget it!

I just started my blog this month so there's not much, but I hope to post about my grad school experience attaining an MA. Right now it's focused on pre-moving and all that. I swear that it's going to get interesting once school starts! :)

Here it is: http://dreamersdontgiveup.wordpress.com/

• 4 weeks later...