Applications for Fall 2013!

I'm still waiting to hear from DU! Granted, my final letter of rec wasn't turned in until January 25th and my status changed to "under review" Feb 4th, but it's seriously killing me! I just had to vent. 

Ruby, based on your experience I would be VERY surprised if you did not get into DU. I have way less experience than you and got in :) The wait is killer though--sending good vibes!

Just got my acceptance notification from NYU Silver! They sent an email stating that that decision is ready to view and to logon to the application page. This has definitely made my anxiety level go down a whole bunch. 4 weeks from date of the letter to accept or decline.   Still waiting to hear from Fordham and Hunter. :-)
When did you apply? I applied there as well and mine is till says sent to review

The wait is killing me too! I still haven't heard back from University of Chicago, Portland State or University of Washington! ahhhh!
I haven't heard back from any of the schools I applied too. I'm getting very anxious

Hi belvamarie!

Hi Hily!

Congrats on the interview at Penn! I have a few questions about your Penn app if you wouldn't mind answering! When did you submit your application for Penn? Did they send you an email upon your application being complete (transcripts and letters of recommendation received, too)?

Thanks so much! And again, congrats on the interview!

I submitted my Penn application Thursday, January 31st.  I got an email saying my application was complete on Tuesday February 5th and I called that same day and scheduled a Skype interview with them for February 28th.

If I remember correctly, the application for PSU indicated that we would hear back in April?

Thanks Paige! If that is the case, it's a no-go for me. I'm graduating in May as advanced standing and that's cutting it too close to make plans for cross-state move.

Paige-thanks for the encouragement! I appreciate it :)

Also, I'm gonna chime in regarding the PSU discussion really quick to maybe off up some insight. I was speaking with my SW seminar professor last night regarding grad schools making me chose offers weeks before I even interview for other programs and he said that that's what PSU's admission's committee kind of does. ( He's been on the admissions committee for the previous two years or so.) There end up being three stack-high priority get notified ASAP, definite no's get notified ASAP and the "maybes" get more drawn out so they can hear from their top choices or give the file some more thought. He didn't offer any specific timeline, but it just makes me think some people may hear way before April. 

Paige-thanks for the encouragement! I appreciate it :)

Also, I'm gonna chime in regarding the PSU discussion really quick to maybe off up some insight. I was speaking with my SW seminar professor last night regarding grad schools making me chose offers weeks before I even interview for other programs and he said that that's what PSU's admission's committee kind of does. ( He's been on the admissions committee for the previous two years or so.) There end up being three stack-high priority get notified ASAP, definite no's get notified ASAP and the "maybes" get more drawn out so they can hear from their top choices or give the file some more thought. He didn't offer any specific timeline, but it just makes me think some people may hear way before April. 

Thanks Ruby, that is helpful. Are you at PDX now? Do you like it? I'm a wee bit concerned about returning to Oregon--as I grew up there. As far as I know, PDX is the only MSW program in Oregon.

Citychild, I'm finishing my BSW at another school in Portland. You are right,  PSU is the only MSW program in Oregon but that's probably changing within the next two or three years. I'm doing my practicum with a couple PSU-MSW students and they seem to enjoy the program, I've heard people say they wish there more electives offered but that's really been the only complaint. 

Did anyone else apply/get accepted to the University of Pittsburgh? I received an email acceptance a few weeks ago, got my official letter in the mail last week, and this week received the financial aid packet. They gave me a $6000/yr scholarship, which is definitely appreciated, but I admit I was hoping for a bit more. However, my GPA is not the best, so I suppose I'm lucky to get anything!

Hi! I was accepted to the University of Pittsburgh on January 2nd and am so happy to hear you were too! Didn't see a lot of Pittsburgh on here and was starting to wonder haha. I submitted everything on December 22nd to meet the priority deadline of the 31st. I was expecting my scholarship info by today liek they promised in my acceptance email, but I have heard nothing :( Did you receive your info by mail? Thanks!

Received a generated email from WUSTL saying that due to the large number of application they received this year, they will be sending out decisions within the next two weeks. Ugh, I was really hoping I would find out by today....oh well, the wait continues.. 

Ruby--I grew up in Salem... it'd be so weird to return to Oregon after all these years. Though, admittedly, I do have a love affair with PortThaland.

Funny, I'm from Salem as well. Our numbers are growing... 

Received a generated email from WUSTL saying that due to the large number of application they received this year, they will be sending out decisions within the next two weeks. Ugh, I was really hoping I would find out by today....oh well, the wait continues.. 

That bites! Sending positive thoughts your way!!

Hi! I was accepted to the University of Pittsburgh on January 2nd and am so happy to hear you were too! Didn't see a lot of Pittsburgh on here and was starting to wonder haha. I submitted everything on December 22nd to meet the priority deadline of the 31st. I was expecting my scholarship info by today liek they promised in my acceptance email, but I have heard nothing :( Did you receive your info by mail? Thanks!

Yes, I received my scholarship info by mail earlier this week. Though funnily enough, it was addressed to me, but the salutation said "Dear Ms. [NotMyLastName]." So I had to call the office to confirm that it was actually mine! They had just made a copy-paste error.

Just admitted to UNC-Chapel Hill!! Anyone else??

Congratulations!!!!

I haven't heard back yet, but am eagerly awaiting news. I'm in love with many aspects of the program and keeping my fingers crossed. 

I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't mind sharing: when did you apply? how were you notified? was there any information about funding in your acceptance notification?

Congrats again, totally awesome!