If I dont get accepted...

desireyen

Worst comes to worse--If i dont - then Im going to continue working at my full time job, and focus on applications for Fall 2010 (currently applying for Fall 09), and get a dog....lol.

Ive only applied to 6 schools--although I would like to get into these schools, I have my options open enough to enjoy (did I just say that?) going through a second round of applications.

What about you guys?

I really don't know what I'll do if I don't get in anywhere. I mean i could continue trying to do research study real hard and retake the physics gre again next year and reapply. But I just don't know if I want to go through all of that again. And also even if I say thats what I'm going to do, being out of school, away from my classes, classmates, professors, etc seems like itll make it much harder to stay committed to studying in my free time and trying to improve my application.

I'm scared because if I don't get accepted I don't know what I want plan B to be....

I really don't know what I'll do if I don't get in anywhere. I mean i could continue trying to do research study real hard and retake the physics gre again next year and reapply. But I just don't know if I want to go through all of that again. And also even if I say thats what I'm going to do, being out of school, away from my classes, classmates, professors, etc seems like itll make it much harder to stay committed to studying in my free time and trying to improve my application.

I'm scared because if I don't get accepted I don't know what I want plan B to be....

Yeah, its def not something I WANT to go through again. Most of my friends have already received their responses--I want to be in the same place. I graduated early, so Ive already been out for a little while and it was difficult to concentrate. I think I have a plan b to comfort me in case I dont get in anywhere--so i know that not getting in isnt the end of everything. haha.

If I don't get in, I am moving to live in the same town as my first choice school and taking classes there and strengthening my app for next year. No, I'm not kidding. I'm that driven/crazy. Maybe I'll take the GRE again, but 1370 is pretty OK with me.

I am hoping beyond hope though that I don't have to go through this whole thing again!

If I don't get in, I am moving to live in the same town as my first choice school and taking classes there and strengthening my app for next year. No, I'm not kidding. I'm that driven/crazy. Maybe I'll take the GRE again, but 1370 is pretty OK with me.

I am hoping beyond hope though that I don't have to go through this whole thing again!

ditto all

I'm interested in knowing what could possibly strengthen my application for the next time. If I am unsuccessful with this round of applications I will then work on getting a teaching job if I can. I will also retake my GRE's. I would like to be able to take some more courses but I don't have the money for that right now, though if I was offered a funded Ma position I would take it so that I could get new LOR's and maybe boost my US GPA. Also, I will do my best to get access to a research library so I can try to get some papers finished and published and try to get some papers I can present. I will definitely be reapplying for next year and will hopefully be better prepared to apply to more than the 5 I applied for this year.

I will be moving to America soon and marrying my fiance so even if I don't get in I have a lot of great things to look forward to.

Oh and I want to get an Old English Sheepdog puppy which I will call Sir Lancelot.