SFSU MSW Application for Fall 2013

Kuchan

Was told I'd hear by mid-March.... which is tomorrow..! Some people have already heard back... feeling a little anxious. :unsure:

I was told by April when I received the confirmation that my application was received...then about a week ago I was told that they would be notifying applicants in May.  Not sure what happened, there...

I was told by April when I received the confirmation that my application was received...then about a week ago I was told that they would be notifying applicants in May.  Not sure what happened, there...

Oh whaaaaaaaaat..... did you also apply for Title IV-E?

Oh whaaaaaaaaat..... did you also apply for Title IV-E?

Nope. I submitted my application right before the deadline, though, so I obviously don't have priority. I already got into my first choice school, but waiting to hear back is still frustrating, especially when I think of people who are waiting because SFSU is THEIR first choice. I know a lot of people who are having to put down deposits to hold a spot at other campuses they really don't want to go to just in case because they're waiting on a decision from their first choice campus.

Nope. I submitted my application right before the deadline, though, so I obviously don't have priority. I already got into my first choice school, but waiting to hear back is still frustrating, especially when I think of people who are waiting because SFSU is THEIR first choice. I know a lot of people who are having to put down deposits to hold a spot at other campuses they really don't want to go to just in case because they're waiting on a decision from their first choice campus.

Did you e-mail/call them? I'm not sure if I should contact them to follow up or just keep waiting.....

Did you e-mail/call them? I'm not sure if I should contact them to follow up or just keep waiting.....

I emailed because there was a mix up with my mailing address, hence the reason I received a confirmation email (that clearly stated admission decisions would be by April 2013) from the department in the first place. That time, they said decisions will be sent via mail by May. Maybe they received more applications than they expected?

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!!! Did you apply to SFSU for the TitleIV program or was that general admission? What have you heard about SFSU's MSW program. I have heard great things. I am still waiting to hear back. Has anyone that hasn't applied to the Title IV program heard?

Congratulations!!! Did you apply to SFSU for the TitleIV program or was that general admission? What have you heard about SFSU's MSW program. I have heard great things. I am still waiting to hear back. Has anyone that hasn't applied to the Title IV program heard?

I did apply for the stipend. I've heard really great things as well - I was informed by many people that the SFSU program was one of the best programs. Students had a well-rounded experience with excellent professors. Students also had the opportunity to intern at Alameda County CPS along with interns from SJSU. SFSU program offered a excellent curriculum compared to SJSU. Also, students received extensive trainings that the other schools did not offer.

Anybody else get notification that their Financial Aid Award is up and ready for review/acceptance?  I found that odd since I haven't even been admitted...both of the other universities I applied to didn't send that out until I was accepted.

Anybody else get notification that their Financial Aid Award is up and ready for review/acceptance? I found that odd since I haven't even been admitted...both of the other universities I applied to didn't send that out until I was accepted.

Sounds like a good sign! I got mine today too, two weeks after declining their admission offer...so that was odd too.

Anybody else get notification that their Financial Aid Award is up and ready for review/acceptance?  I found that odd since I haven't even been admitted...both of the other universities I applied to didn't send that out until I was accepted.

I received that email earlier today as well.

Sounds like a good sign! I got mine today too, two weeks after declining their admission offer...so that was odd too.

Congrats on being admitted!  I submitted my intent to enroll elsewhere, but the waiting is still killing me! I just want to know, haha

I didn't get that email....

Does that mean I'm not in, or Is it because I'm an international student?

Waiting is killing me!!!

I believe it's only for people who applied for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) so it probably doesn't apply to international students.

I believe it's only for people who applied for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) so it probably doesn't apply to international students.

Hey Sassa, have you decided which school you'll be going to?

I see!!

Thank you.

Hoping to get the result soon!!

I got the same financial aid email from SFSU. I'm yet to hear any word from the School of Social Work. Now I am very confused....

I got the email yesterday and called the department this morning. They said that the awards do not indicate acceptance into the program. They also told me that we should be hearing within the next 2 weeks via postage mail. A friend that also applied received her rejection letter about 2 weeks ago. So I'm guessing no news is good news .. So far ...,