SFSU MSW Application for Fall 2013

Kuchan

I got the email yesterday and called the department this morning. They said that the awards do not indicate acceptance into the program. They also told me that we should be hearing within the next 2 weeks via postage mail. A friend that also applied received her rejection letter about 2 weeks ago. So I'm guessing no news is good news .. So far ...,

Yeah, I figured as much!  I just found it a bit odd.  Ah, well.  I can live with two more weeks...

I got the email yesterday and called the department this morning. They said that the awards do not indicate acceptance into the program. They also told me that we should be hearing within the next 2 weeks via postage mail. A friend that also applied received her rejection letter about 2 weeks ago. So I'm guessing no news is good news .. So far ...,

I actually called the program today too, and they told me the same thing. You would think that they wouldn't bother proceeding with financial aid unless the student was accepted. Bah, oh well. When did your friend apply? And was it an email or a tangible letter? It just seems like we all applied SO long ago. 

Also, When did you hear from CSULB? I'm still waiting...

Edited by CamillevNovello

I actually called the program today too, and they told me the same thing. You would think that they wouldn't bother proceeding with financial aid unless the student was accepted. Bah, oh well. When did your friend apply? And was it an email or a tangible letter? It just seems like we all applied SO long ago. 

Also, When did you hear from CSULB? I'm still waiting...

I haven't heard from csulb yet. I called sometime last month and they said that all applications were still under review and that we'll be notified via email. My friend submitted in her application end of november/early december.

I haven't heard from csulb yet. I called sometime last month and they said that all applications were still under review and that we'll be notified via email. My friend submitted in her application end of november/early december.

I'm in the same sitch as you two! I got the fafsa package from SFSU sent, made the same phone, and was told the same message. I think we got in. I don't think they'd waste their time. I just double checked my app status from CSULB (still haven't heard from them either...), and under their financial aid status of the update email it says: "...we can only continue to consider your application for financial aid if you are offered admission to the University." So if lb is anything like sf, I'm thinking we got in:) 

I'm in the same sitch as you two! I got the fafsa package from SFSU sent, made the same phone, and was told the same message. I think we got in. I don't think they'd waste their time. I just double checked my app status from CSULB (still haven't heard from them either...), and under their financial aid status of the update email it says: "...we can only continue to consider your application for financial aid if you are offered admission to the University." So if lb is anything like sf, I'm thinking we got in:) 

I HOPE SO TOO!! But I don't want to jinx myself /:  best of luck!!

Hi Wolafar, I got the same email about accepting the financial aid package. I emailed the financial aid office to ask them if they send this to everyone who filled out a FAFSA, or if their records show that I had been admitted. They replied saying, "You received this because you filed a fafsa." I think its messed up to send this to us if we have not been admitted, it is kind of like false hope! But, it seems that is what they do at SFSU.

I know of six people who have already been accepted to the program for Fall 2013. One is title IV-E and the rest IFG. I believe they are only accepting about 25 and I think they had about 700 applications. That only leaves 19 spots left. The chances are slim, but don't give up hope. Check your SFSU Gateway for updates and check the mailbox. It seems they are letting people know at different times. 

Edited by SAY24

Just checked the gateway. I got denied. A little bummed out - was hoping to get a 3/3, but it's okay. I have a feeling I know why, and if that's really the case, they're idiots. lol. I still got into my first choice! Good luck to those still waiting

Just checked the gateway. I got denied. A little bummed out - was hoping to get a 3/3, but it's okay. I have a feeling I know why, and if that's really the case, they're idiots. lol. I still got into my first choice! Good luck to those still waiting

I was denied as well, IFG concentration.

• 7 months later...