Am Studies/Cultural Studies/Theory 2013

Harvard applicants: if you want closure before your mail is delivered I'd give the dept. a call. I just called them and they were willing to tell me I was not offered admission, and the guy said letters should me mailed today. He was super nice, so if you just want your closure like I did I'd call them.

An acceptance to University of Kansas/ PhD American Studies was posted on the results board. Anyone claiming it? I hope they notify me soon.

Also, if you've been admitted to Penn State and aren't planning to accept their offer, please tell them. Getting accepted off their Wait List may be my only hope for Fall 2013 :o

I applied to NYU for American Studies and have not been rejected or accepted. A lot of people are listing acceptances and rejections for the 2013 cycle already. Why haven't I ben notified of rejection? It seems that they have accepted who they intend to so it seems the rejections should be quick. Anyone have nay ideas? I received an offer of full funding from OSU's MA in WGSS including a stipend. I want to accept this offer but am waiting for my rejection letter from NYU before making a final decision.

If you do go to OSU's WGSS, I would recommend taking classes with Guisela Latorre if you can (if she isn't already your POI). She is incredibly awesome, I can't recommend her enough.

If you do go to OSU's WGSS, I would recommend taking classes with Guisela Latorre if you can (if she isn't already your POI). She is incredibly awesome, I can't recommend her enough.

For sure! I am a student in their undergrad major right now. I love her.

Was accepted to Stony Brook's PhD in Cultural Studies last month with full funding and a TA position! Received my rejection letter from University of Western Ontario's Master's in Theory and Criticism last Friday. 

Still waiting on NYU's masters in Media, Culture, and Communication and on U Iowa's masters in Film Studies. Anyone heard anything?

Congrats on Stony Brook! That is amazing!

I applied to Iowa's American Studies program and received my rejection last Friday. I'm not sure if Film Studies has started notifying, but hopefully that helps?

Thank you! I'm very excited about it. 

I was looking through the results list from last year and it looks like they started notifying applicants around this time, so it's probably coming up. 

Sorry to hear about your rejection, best of luck!

Was accepted to Stony Brook's PhD in Cultural Studies last month with full funding and a TA position! Received my rejection letter from University of Western Ontario's Master's in Theory and Criticism last Friday. 

Still waiting on NYU's masters in Media, Culture, and Communication and on U Iowa's masters in Film Studies. Anyone heard anything?

Hi!

I got accepted to Stony Brook Cultural Studies, too. I applied after looking at the program website carefully, but know nothing of the school or the area. It looks like you live nearby, can you tell me about anything-- I really mean anything-- you know? Did you visit the school?

So I was able to salvage my Bowling Green application, so that one is (maybe?) a possibility again. YAY!

Still no word from Kansas and I'm still on Wait List from Penn State, though.

Just got accepted to Washington State University with an awesome four-year funding package!  First i've heard from them since handing in my app.  I guess a late reply doesn't immediately mean rejection!

Congratulations on your unexpected acceptance and funding! That is wonderful news! You've got some good options in your accepted list, there.

got accepted back to my alma matter for an MA in history-so there's hope for all of us out there still even if it wasn't our original plan of action!!

I missed this news, phigirl. Congrats and here's hoping!!

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks since any updates here- anyone else heard good, bad, or waitlist news? I'm still on the Wait List from Penn State and haven't heard from U of KS.