FALL 2013 APPLICANTS!

Guest lefilsdhomme

Hey all,

Received the call from Yale History of Art today, though I already knew about my admit earlier via Film Studies (I applied to the joint History of Art+Film Studies program). I'd love to meet any other Yale admits here--there were two posted on the results board so far. 

Edited by Swagato

What are the Yale admits specialities, if you guys don't mind me asking?

Also congratulations! My envy and curiosity got the better of me for a moment, of course congratulations!

Edited by Borden

I can't speak to Art History, but the general trend is that if there's nothing by the second week of March, there probably won't be anything. At that point you should reach out to inquire. If you're waitlisted they'll be open about it ("hidden" waitlists aside), and if you just get a bland response at such a late date, I would assume the worst. 

Again, this is based on patterns I've seen over Film Studies, English, and Lit. 

I can't speak to Art History, but the general trend is that if there's nothing by the second week of March, there probably won't be anything. At that point you should reach out to inquire. If you're waitlisted they'll be open about it ("hidden" waitlists aside), and if you just get a bland response at such a late date, I would assume the worst. 

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured.

hey any UCSD PHD admits? See rejections a few days ago but still have 'under review'. Some new torture that has been cooked up? Secret waitlist? Application lost in the ether?

FYI, One of the schools I applied to say decisions will not arrive until April 1st. Otherwise, I agree

FYI, One of the schools I applied to say decisions will not arrive until April 1st. Otherwise, I agree

That's similar to the schools I'm waiting on (oh la di da, yes we continue making acceptance decisions until like the week before you have to give us an answer, don't stress out or anything), and past years show that their acceptences come really haphazardly two or three weeks apart right up until the middle of April. The other school I'm going to contact Friday, just to get it over with since I'm pretty sure it's a NO and would like to get on with my life.

Oh man, I know the stress! I also know that one of the schools I applied to has a waitlist that is active until May, so even if you don't hear back by April 15th, you might hear back even later (not that I'd give it my consideration, but still...). 

fullofpink, would you mind saying what school that is? I'm mainly waiting on Williams at this point.  I haven't heard from UNC, but assume I'm waitlisted or rejected.

I thought I would update you fellow CUNY hopefuls.  I called CUNY today and was told that decisions are still being made. They expect to have all email/letters sent out within the next two weeks. 

P.S.: At this point, I don't care anymore, so I will be contacting (read: bugging) all schools to get the results. Tired of waiting! : ) Besides I don't think I will get any offers so I just want to move on with my life.  :)

I will keep y'all posted!

It's fine to contact them, certainly, but I would stay away from pestering them. Bear in mind that they are dealing with waitlists, new admits and coordinating their visits, as well as updating systems and notifying all other applicants. 

Was it somehwere in this thread that I read that Toronto does their MA admits first, then PhDs? Or is that a desperately groping figment of my imagination? I emailed their admin last week asking about a timeline for information for the PhD admits but haven't heard anything back yet.

Was it somehwere in this thread that I read that Toronto does their MA admits first, then PhDs? Or is that a desperately groping figment of my imagination? I emailed their admin last week asking about a timeline for information for the PhD admits but haven't heard anything back yet.

There was a PhD admit before the MAs, so I think it's done.  :unsure: