HGSE Fall 2013

Coloradogirl

Of course, they do it differently this year... I just got home and was ready to check my status. Gah :(. I think I'll be better for when it actually comes in. Counting down hours is terrible. I'm not predicting anything else for the rest of my life. The end.

HigherEd, MTE. They established a pattern and now it's changed. I understand why they wait until after 5pm (I wouldn't want to be inundated with angry phone calls either), but this is just ridiculous. Very unamused right now. :mellow:

Wow....I really thought it was gonna be today! Bummer...  :unsure:

I'm super Type-A and like to plan everything so not knowing what I will be doing next year is driving me NUTS. Plus, this is the only program I applied to, so there is really no back-up plan. YIKES!

Anybody have the guts to call admissions and ask when we might know?

I think its got to be this week! Especially when you have prospective/admitted student days coming up probably at the end of the month. 

So since its 6:46 I'm going to stop refreshing my email like a crazy person and maybe only try a couple more times tonight. Same time tomorrow, same place:)

That made me laugh :). Looking forward to it. ;)

HigherEd, MTE. They established a pattern and now it's changed. I understand why they wait until after 5pm (I wouldn't want to be inundated with angry phone calls either), but this is just ridiculous. Very unamused right now. :mellow:

Agreed. They need to wait until after 5pm for their own protection... from people like us. :P

I am going to excuse this discrepancy from HGSE due to the winter storm that hit them. BUT ONLY because of that. I expect a full report and details by tomorrow HGSE!!! :angry:

This is a good point. Storm probably cancelled a committee meeting or two. Sorry y'all. Finding Nemo turned out to be a bad thing. 

But hey, if it comes tomorrow you all and my cohort will share the same decision date anniversary. Just saying.  B)

Edited by DanMcD

This is a good point. Storm probably cancelled a committee meeting or two. Sorry y'all. Finding Nemo turned out to be a bad thing. 

But hey, if it comes tomorrow you all and my cohort will share the same decision date anniversary. Just saying.  B)

Dan, have they talked to you guys about calling prospective students yet? I know that was mentioned in a thread last year or the year before.

Anyone want to make odds on the decision day? 

My money's on tomorrow, but that may be optimistic. I just want to make my deposit somewhere!

I like how this thread got 10,000 views in the past 3 days.

LOL...people must certainly think we're nuts. Loveeeee it.

My money's on tomorrow. Just when we least expect it...

LOL...people must certainly think we're nuts. Loveeeee it.

My money's on tomorrow. Just when we least expect it...

It's because we are nuts. We surpassed the total number of HGSE 2012 pages a few days ago! Hahaha. Gradcafe record?

I know I said I wasn't going to predict anything else, but this sounds like a fun game, Spreadpeace88. So.. I call 5:05 EST tomorrow!  Anyone else want to call a time? If only Harvard knew, maybe they would auto admit whoever guessed closest :P . Regardless, I feel much less stressed now. I think we all needed to get rid of all of our nervous energy.

Maybe HSGE does know.  Maybe they are watching and laughing at us. Maybe it's going to be March 25 at 5:00 EST.  

But I'm gonna guess for Thursday at 3:05 and hope I'm wrong and that it's sooner.  

I'm going to be the bitter pessimist of the group and say NEXT Tuesday at 3:30pm.

I figure if I shoot for next week, it'll be easier not to think about it this week and then I'll be pleasantly surprised/relieved if it happens sooner. 

Are we doing this Price is Right style? Closest without going over? lol

Of course. We have to play by legit rules :).

And wow.. did anyone check their status recently? The website at the top changed back to "index.html" instead of status. Weird, right? Thanks to whoever pointed that out earlier today.