The Waiting Game - Fall 2013 - Share your progress!

radiomars

Stanford interview posted yesterday! :o!!!!!

Will the Stanford cultural anthro interviewee please give more details? Is this an informal interview with your PoI? informal/casual email/phone call from PoI? Do you know of any other people you are being interviewed? 

Thanks and Regards,

PhDreams: wait what? Where is the post about the Stanford interview! Apparently the website says that my application is still incomplete!

just so you know you aren't alone, my app reads as incomplete despite it also saying that all of my materials have been received... i emailed them over a week ago about it and ive gotten no response...

PhDreams: wait what? Where is the post about the Stanford interview! Apparently the website says that my application is still incomplete!

just so you know you aren't alone, my app reads as incomplete despite it also saying that all of my materials have been received... i emailed them over a week ago about it and ive gotten no response...

Mine tooooo!!!!!!!!! Incomplete :(

kro7: thanks for the input!

What's the consensus about emailing POIs at this point? I've read some people have sent emails reiterating their interest in the program and things like that.  I wonder if this is extraneous and extremely annoying to the faculty or productive...

majolie: hmm, i'd say it depends on how many weeks it's been since your applications were considered 100% in. if it's been 6 weeks, i bet it's fine to try to get in touch.

nothing official, but my POI at one of my schools emailed me to let me know he'd be away while they were reviewing apps, but he wanted a personal digital copy of my stuff so he can vouch for me to the adcomm. ^_^ it's really nice (and flattering!) to have someone go out of their way to speak on my behalf!

Edited by pears

I would have thought it's pretty late at this point, and that the effort that's gone into the application would say that for us. Unless there's something significant to update them about, that might impact the decision in some way.

nothing official, but my POI at one of my schools emailed me to let me know he'd be away while they were reviewing apps, but he wanted a personal digital copy of my stuff so he can vouch for me to the adcomm. ^_^ it's really nice (and flattering!) to have someone go out of their way to speak on my behalf!

That's excellent news! Congrats & best of luck.

if anybody else is waiting on csu - chico, i was in touch with my POI today (yay for nice people!) about the status of the hard copies of my letters of rec (boo for having to heckle other people!), who mentioned that they "will be reviewing applications very shortly." considering we last spoke about the letters' status 10 days ago, i suspect this means they'll have some decisions out within the following week, perhaps two.

not sure if this makes my nervousness better or worse, but hey, at least it's a step up from having no idea what's going on!

Really sorry to hear that!Did they send it in the mail like last year?

nope, Email

Sorry to hear this.

Good luck with your other applications!

Thanks!

Truly, nothing on Yale?

Nothing from Yale yet... I've been wondering why... I heard that sociocultural interviews but I haven't heard about an interview either so that's probably another rejection for me

Hey everyone:)

I am new to this forum. I have been following it for a while and I figured it was time to actively get involved in the conversation:)

I am one of those unfortunate people who had a nice interview with Berkeley and then never heard back from them so now I am angsting about my other options.

Has anyone heard from the University of Arizona ( Tuscon) or Columbia?

nope, Email

Thanks!

Nothing from Yale yet... I've been wondering why... I heard that sociocultural interviews but I haven't heard about an interview either so that's probably another rejection for me

No one here posted anything about interviews let alone acceptances. Well this can either mean that no one received a Skype invitation yet or no one is following this forum! I want to go with the former.

Edited by colorless

I've been officially accepted to my fourth choice and am being recruited by my third choice school at the moment. Is it dumb to feel guilty about all this? They really want me to go to their schools, but I'm pretty much waiting for the official acceptance from my second choice (I already received an unofficial one) and have yet to hear from my top choice. I kind of feel like I'm leading these other schools on. But obviously they know I applied to more than just their programs, right? Halp.

I've been officially accepted to my fourth choice and am being recruited by my third choice school at the moment. Is it dumb to feel guilty about all this? They really want me to go to their schools, but I'm pretty much waiting for the official acceptance from my second choice (I already received an unofficial one) and have yet to hear from my top choice. I kind of feel like I'm leading these other schools on. But obviously they know I applied to more than just their programs, right? Halp.
I am sure they do! I mean, you even said it on many of the applications, I imagine. Once you have your official acceptance, you can send a polite email and all will be well. They send out enough of them for you to not feel guilty, I would say! Can I ask, what does being "recruited" entail? Is it pre-acceptance?