The Waiting Game - Fall 2013 - Share your progress!

radiomars

aah! Stanford, Chicago and Johns Hopkins! Declare your results already! I don't even mind a rejection at this point but just send the notifications! I cannot wait anymore. ack! :angry:

Gah, I know. I'm actually surprised by how bad the waiting has become the past week or so. I know my last school officially notifies end of February and my potential adviser told me he'd keep me updated on what's happening, which means I may hear before that. So, any day? My dreams are ALL about getting into school.

The results boards are driving me nuts more than anything else.  I keep seeing results from schools I applied to, but for different subdisciplines... Archaeology professors, please get it together and let me know, one way or the other!

Does anyone know anything about the joint Anthropology and History program at Michigan? I see a single acceptance on the board and I'm wondering if they have all gone out (there's not a lot of past data to work from). I was kinda assuming I had been rejected but I see that for Michigan Anthropology at least acceptance and rejections have gone out at the same time.

And congratulations for everyone who has been accepted!

Hi, I was accepted into Michigan's joint program in Anthro & History.  I received an informal email and was told that the formal offer would arrive in the next month.  No worries, I think there's hope still! :)

Great, thank you very much!

Third rejection from Umich (Duke and Brown earlier). 2 assumed rejections NYU, Stanford..and one totally unnecessary app to Yale. UPenn accept me already!!!

Congrats to the acceptance es!!

Anybody know how many offers are made by UPenn by the end of the cycle?

Last year UCLA took about 11 but 22 were offered.

Congratulations to all those who have offers! :D

But hang on whats all the talk about Chicago interviews? I thought Chicago doesn't interview...hmm. Anyway I haven't heard anything from Chicago or Stanford, so I guess I should be expecting a barrage of rejections soon. Sigh. 

Gah, I know. I'm actually surprised by how bad the waiting has become the past week or so. I know my last school officially notifies end of February and my potential adviser told me he'd keep me updated on what's happening, which means I may hear before that. So, any day? My dreams are ALL about getting into school.

I know! I had a dream yesterday that this Prof. with whom I want to work with at Stanford is my neighbour. =/ Ofcourse I haven't heard anything from Stanford. 

Edited by aaiiee

Congratulations to all those who have offers! :D

But hang on whats all the talk about Chicago interviews? I thought Chicago doesn't interview...hmm. Anyway I haven't heard anything from Chicago or Stanford, so I guess I should be expecting a barrage of rejections soon. Sigh. 

I think I saw on the interview thread that Chicago interviews some people, but others get offers without having interviews.  So who knows.  :)