UT AUSTIN Attention: Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review.

yinita2005

Morning!

Two weeks ago i finally subbmited my application for the UT AUSTIN. Today i got this message Attention: Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review. Somebody knows how long does it take before i heard from them????

thanksssss

Check the results board for when this program sent out acceptance notifications in previous years. That should give you a good indication for when the admissions committee might be meeting to make decisions this year. Of course, there's no guarantee that they'll be working on the same schedule this year as they did last year, but departments usually have set procedures with pretty much set dates so it's a good place to start.

Same with me. I applied about three weeks ago and got a confirmation letter maybe 6 days later. Btw, I absolutely HATED the Apply Texas interface!

But the status page is pretty nice, no? And at least you don't have to page through the ENTIRE app to get to the section where you left off, like Michigan and Brown.

• 3 weeks later...

No exaggeration, i just realized when reading this thread that my UT status has been at "Attention: Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review" for two months. So, the likelihood that I will go insane before hearing from them is pretty high.

Anyway, just wanted to join in the moment of solidarity.

But the status page is pretty nice, no? And at least you don't have to page through the ENTIRE app to get to the section where you left off, like Michigan and Brown.

I like the status page as well, but I also find that I want to check it too often. I need to pace myself or I will not make it to April.

I like the status page as well, but I also find that I want to check it too often. I need to pace myself or I will not make it to April.

I had all of the status pages in my bookmarks and I deleted them all. I think the more difficult I make the checking process on my end, the less I'll be tempted to do it every seven minutes. Maybe. This will probably last for a week (and only because I'm traveling for a week).

• 1 month later...

I just realized mine says this too, even though I don't know for how long, because my eyes have always wandered to where it says "in review" on the right-hand side and then to the big red X. :)

I couldn't even tell you if it said that the whole time!

I guess if we have not heard from them yet, we will have to wait till March (1st week) to get wait listed ones pushed forward. hm, only after UCB, MIT, Stanford admits and I dont see any Stanford admits yet. :unsure:

I'm Chemical Engineering, but I found out in January that I was rejected-
So I imagine if you have not heard anything yet, you very well may be on the wait list.

Good luck!

1) If you get an email saying you were accepted by the department, but your application is still 'pending' (i have 2 admits on technically incomplete apps), you're in right?

2) if the emails said nothing about funding for you, but mentioned that funding is generally a possibility, does that mean there is still a possibility of assistance? Do you know when one would find out?

Hi Guys,

Refernece to the subject of this thread I also got this message about a week ago. 

I have applied to the Mechanical Engg Department.

After the updation of this status, how long normally it takes for decision news (accepted or rejected) to get to the applicant?

Hello ..i dont mean to let you down but i got that message like almost 2 months ago. and i havent heard anything from them yet. What program are u applying for?

Edited by yinita2005

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

about 4-5 days After mystatus been updated, I get the result (today) and admitted to the CE PhD program. In their letters, there is no word on funding, what this means? They will give information about funding later? or we should go after TAship or RAship from faculties?! then it would be much difficult.

Also they do not mention any deadline for accepting the offer! anyone has any information about this too?!

Their offer of admission just raised a lot of questions!

:)

Congratulations!! I havent heard anything from them :( Guess i just was rejected but i havent been notified yet. So tell me when did they update your status and who emailed you!!!! details details

Congratulations!! I havent heard anything from them :( Guess i just was rejected but i havent been notified yet. So tell me when did they update your status and who emailed you!!!! details details

It was about a week ago that my status been updated, and i got a notification mail yesterday to check mystatus.

Funding is very difficult in CE program at Austin, seems i can not accept the offer (Financial problems!!!)