PhD in Industrial Engineering/Operations Research Fall 2013

shiraziaseel

So it seems as if one person has been contacted by Stanford. An out of the blue phone call to let someone know they were "short-listed" doesn't sound particularly official though, so I'd guess it's a POI interested in working with the applicant. Previous years don't mention anything about being contacted by phone at such a stage either.

So hopefully the rest of us can maintain hope.

So it seems as if one person has been contacted by Stanford. An out of the blue phone call to let someone know they were "short-listed" doesn't sound particularly official though, so I'd guess it's a POI interested in working with the applicant. Previous years don't mention anything about being contacted by phone at such a stage either.

My dream program, above all remained and rejected and admitted!

Hey everyone!  I just found this forum yesterday, so I'm a little late to the party, but I hope you don't mind if I chime in.  Here's my background:

Applying for PhD programs

Undergrad: Notre Dame, Mechanical Engineering with a minor in manufacturing

Undergrad GPA: 3.4/4.0

Grad school: Masters in Integrated Manufacturing Systems Engineering from NCSU

Grad GPA: 3.9/4.0

GRE: 167Q, 170V, 4.0AW

Professional experience: 3 years as a modeling and simulation engineer for a large manufacturing company, 2 years engineering internship during masters

LoR: 1 from masters program director, 1 from undergrad manufacturing professor, 1 from current boss

No publications, no real research since undergrad because my program was a professional masters

I've applied to:

MIT ORC (still waiting)

Northeastern (still waiting)

Northwestern (rejected)

Rutgers (accepted, waiting to hear about a particular fellowship)

Virginia Tech (invited and went to Recruitment Weekend, so probably accepted, but I'm waiting on official word)

Based on previous years, it looks like MIT ORC's decisions should go out next week or the week after, but I have no idea about Northeastern.  I don't do waiting very well and I don't have access to my email here at work, so I'm just obsessively checking the results page here instead.

Congratulations to everyone who's gotten acceptances and good luck to those who are still waiting!

I think it's just someone lying again. Stanford is known for not doing a lot of interviews. Plus the guy says interviewed (out of the blue) yesterday, and first admission today. And nothing to correlate it on the forum. I don't think you should pay attention to those two entries. 

There was one acceptance posted on the results page a few days ago for OR and one yesterday for IE.

Georgia tech works in waves. When you get the result depends on when you applied for the program. If you applied close to the deadline, then you probably won't be notified before march, I guess. 

Edited by elfos

Looking at the results from last year, I expect MIT sometime this week.  I'll be frantically checking the results board and this forum at work, since they've blocked outside email here and I can't check that.  Stupid IT people.  Don't they realize I'm freaking out?

Applying for M.S. in IEOR for Fall 2013:

Undergraduate: Purdue
GPA: 3.62 (Undergraduate - Industrial Engineering)
GRE: V. 155/70, Q. 168/170, AW. 4.0/6.0
Recommendations: Strong (2 from Undergraduate Professors, 1 from Internship Supervisor)
Work Experience: Summer Internships in the area of IEOR

Funding: Personal, not requesting any funding

Currently, I have the following universities in my list:

1) Columbia

2) UC Berkeley
3) USC

What do you think my chances are? Has anyone received decisions from these schools, or any other similar M.S. programs for Fall 2013?

Good luck everyone.         

I have received an acceptance from ASU but there was no word on funding. Today I have seen an acceptance in the results search with funding. If there is anyone who has information about the situation, please inform me.

Am I rejected for the financial aid, or how can I be sure about the funding options?

I have received an acceptance from ASU but there was no word on funding. Today I have seen an acceptance in the results search with funding. If there is anyone who has information about the situation, please inform me.

Am I rejected for the financial aid, or how can I be sure about the funding options?

Be patient. Sometimes a funding offer will come much later than the acceptance.

Does anybody know about OR program's (not IE, I think they have different admission processes and committees) decisions at Georgia Tech? I've seen some admits on the result page, but does it mean they are finished with giving admissions or what?

I got a reject from MIT Phd yesterday..knew it but still disappointed :(

Ok..has anyone applied to UC Denver OR Phd program?..I actually applied for spring 2013 and i got in, but they didn't offer me funding..so i deferred it for Fall 2013

2 questions:

1. How is the program?

2. What are my chances of funding and when can i expect to hear about it?

I haven't seen any talk regarding UC Denver anywhere mostly, so do not expect too much out of this one as well. But if someone knows anything, it would be very helpful. Thanks :)

Edited by mechanically.jam