Neuroscience applicants for Fall 2013

mccamel

Just got a call  from Miami Neuro program! Waiting on Michi St, Cuse, Stony Brook, and UC Boulder. Anyone else hear from these guys?

I heard from Michigan State-interview dates are feb 20th-23rd. I can't make those dates but luckily they rescheduled for me. Not sure about the rest on your list.

Any UC Davis news? They are the last program I'm waiting on and I haven't seen anything posted.

I am waiting on them too. I saw a few days ago someone posted a rejection from them but did not say anything about it.  I don't know if they contacted the program and all invites were sent out or if they got an official rejection.

I am waiting on them too. I saw a few days ago someone posted a rejection from them but did not say anything about it.  I don't know if they contacted the program and all invites were sent out or if they got an official rejection.

That would be me haha.  I contacted them through email and was told I was rejected... not official.  :(

Did any posters, or lurkers here interview at NUIN last week? I am anxious to know whether they've sent out acceptances and rejections yet, since they said they'd get back to us within a week - please reply or message me if you'd gotten a response either way!

Do you know if NUIN sent out all their invitations to interview then? Last I heard they had multiple interview weekends and were doing rolling admissions.

That would be me haha.  I contacted them through email and was told I was rejected... not official.  :(

I also emailed them-just today though. I haven't received a response yet. Can I ask who you and @neurogradstudent emailed?

I am super surprised if I'm rejected-I've been talking to this one neuro PI from there since August. She sure spent a lot of time corresponding with me and for nothing if I'm rejected!

I also emailed them-just today though. I haven't received a response yet. Can I ask who you and @neurogradstudent emailed?

I am super surprised if I'm rejected-I've been talking to this one neuro PI from there since August. She sure spent a lot of time corresponding with me and for nothing if I'm rejected!

I emailed Cristeta, you can get her email or phone info here: http://neuroscience.ucdavis.edu/user/8

I emailed Cristeta, you can get her email or phone info here: http://neuroscience.ucdavis.edu/user/8

That's the person I emailed as well

Did any posters, or lurkers here interview at NUIN last week? I am anxious to know whether they've sent out acceptances and rejections yet, since they said they'd get back to us within a week - please reply or message me if you'd gotten a response either way!

I got a call yesterday afternoon from a PI I had interviewed with to inform me of an acceptance-- I hope you've heard something by now!

Has anyone here interviewed at WashU?

Just found out about this site. Bit late, but nice.

I am going to interview next week at WashU. Are you going to be there too? 

I have also heard back from all schools except Northwestern. I am assuming that they have already sent out all invitations. 

I was rejected from UC Davis! After talking to a PI since August! The PI contacted me initially too!! I'm pretty surprised and a little annoyed. They said they had over 200 applicants for 26 interview spots.

Wow, that kinda sucks. I also have two informal offers from Virginia Tech and UCSB.... I hope something doesn't screw me up either ... Where else did you apply to btw? What do you think could have been the reason for rejection? SoP? Rec's? No publications? Average GRE?

Sorry btw :(

I got a call yesterday afternoon from a PI I had interviewed with to inform me of an acceptance-- I hope you've heard something by now!

I missed a call today because I am at another interview. When I googled the number, it was a PI in NUIN that I was interested in. However, she didn't leave a message. Very mysterious...

Do you know if NUIN sent out all their invitations to interview then? Last I heard they had multiple interview weekends and were doing rolling admissions.

I do know that they have 3 interview weekends; however, I don't know if they have sent out all the interview invitations!

Wow, that kinda sucks. I also have two informal offers from Virginia Tech and UCSB.... I hope something doesn't screw me up either ... Where else did you apply to btw? What do you think could have been the reason for rejection? SoP? Rec's? No publications? Average GRE?

Sorry btw :(

LOL, that's okay. I don't know what the reason could have been. I had sent my transcripts, CV, and current research description to the PI I was speaking with months ago and was told that they looked great. I don't have any publications yet, which we spoke about, and I have strong LOR's. Maybe they found more qualified applicants interested in working with that particular PI. I also appleid to UCSF, UCSD, Duke, Emory, UT Austin, Florida State, Georgia State, Michigan State, and UMich. I hope your interviews go through!