SUSE Fall 2013

Lilac13

Any fellow SUSE applicants out there (past or present)? If you have applied before, what was the process like for you? If you are awaiting a decision, what has the process been like for you so far? From what I can see, there appears to be less information available on this site about the admissions process (as compared to other places such as HGSE). It looks like the school will be returning from winter break tomorrow and my curiosity is soaring!

Hey EW33,

I did previously apply (and am re-applying) to SUSE a few years ago. I heard back from a professor with a very nice rejection in late January. I would imagine that acceptances would be around that time frame. Good luck!

I'm almost finished with my LDT application. I've been an RA for the Psych dept. there since last year if you had any questions about the area.

I'm almost finished with my LDT application. I've been an RA for the Psych dept. there since last year if you had any questions about the area.

Also applied LDT this year, but haven't heard back any messages now. Little worried...

Is it just me, or are they taking awhile to update the status check page? I know they said they will try to update master's program pages by February 1st, but other schools say similar things and have everything already updated... Darn their long winter break!

It does appear to be taking them a while to make the updates. I submitted my application for a PhD program on 12/4/12 and my status still says incomplete. However, I've been in email correspondence with someone from Admissions and was informed that my application was complete and sent for review.

One of my LOR writers still has not submitted a letter for me yet! I've been following up with him, but he's been swamped with work and some family problems. I didn't want to sound too demanding, but now I am so worried that my application will be considered late. I have everything else turned in except for that one LOR! :( :(

Does anyone know if SUSE allows LOR's to be sent in later? Will they still review my application? I think my LOR writer will get the letter submitted in a few days or so...

I had that happen during the doctoral deadline and this is what the office said:

"Thank you for your interest in the Stanford Graduate School of Education!
As long as we have two letters of recommendation in we can forward your application for review. It would be in your best interest to get your third recommender to submit ASAP because there is no guarantee it will be reviewed if it is received after the deadline."

So if you are a master's applicant, maybe the same leeway is given? HTH

I heard (I hope I am not recalling incorrectly) that the doctoral deadline for recommedators is January 19th or so. One of my recommendators had a problem with the Stanford system and emailed them hahaha

Hello,

Has anyone ever gotten an invitation to skype with your POI? I received an email asking to chat so I was wondering what sorts of questions and overall tone of the conversation may be. I didn't realize this was part of the phd application process so any information would be helpful =)  (I applied to SHIPS).

So it was pretty informal (I prepped way too much for a 20 minute conversation), and she mostly had questions about my app;  nothing too difficult to respond to.I think it was because of my multi-disciplinary interest. I didn't ask if these sort of 'interviews' were a standard part of the process, or if everyone who was accepted was interviewed first, so perhaps one could get accepted without an interview if there are no outstanding questions-- so some optimism EW and pheng!

I applied for the POLS Master's program. But I'm not expecting a decision till early March. Because I definitely was that procrastinator who submitted the day of the deadline. 

PS. that application was a pain....just my $.02.

Thanks for the heads up on the application checklist - had no idea it would be ready on February 1. My application is still listed as incomplete despite having received everything.  :unsure:  Looks like I'm going to have to email.

I agree, knowing is certainly better than not knowing. Sounds like you have some other great offers lined up, so congrats to you!

I got my rejection email from Stanford!!!

I don't mean to be overly excited about this, but I'd rather know where I stand sooner better than later :)

Best wishes to everybody else!

I think Masters decisions come out later in February (according to the results search), although decisions may be made a little earlier this year considering the PhD decisions came out a little earlier.

I wonder if they'll release their Master's POLs decisions soon...this waiting game is painful.

Mine was listed as incomplete as well and I was told they were experiencing extreme backlog in connecting my official GRE scores to my application despite having received them, but it did not stop them from processing my application and giving me an admissions decision.

Thanks for the heads up on the application checklist - had no idea it would be ready on February 1. My application is still listed as incomplete despite having received everything.  :unsure:  Looks like I'm going to have to email.

Edited by EW33