SUSE Fall 2013

Lilac13

Thanks for the heads up on the application checklist - had no idea it would be ready on February 1. My application is still listed as incomplete despite having received everything. :unsure: Looks like I'm going to have to email.

I called them concerning this issue. I was told that even though the system says incomplete the faculty will still review your app. How that makes me feel...not sure :-/

I received an email informing me that I am currently on a short list of alternates for the doctoral program in SHIPS. Anyone else in the same boat??? And does anyone know the chances of getting admitted from the waiting list at SUSE? 

I called them concerning this issue. I was told that even though the system says incomplete the faculty will still review your app. How that makes me feel...not sure :-/

I didn't see your message and ended up emailing them anyway and got the same response. It seems slightly strange to me that they'd review the app with just the unofficial self-reported GRE scores, but they said that was just fine. Like you said - not really sure how I feel about that. At least I don't have to worry about being incomplete anymore? Heh.

Someone posted an acceptance to the STEP program last Friday, but didn't specify elementary or secondary. Has anyone else heard from them? In the past couple of years, the acceptances didn't seem to come until the third week of February.

I'm going to predict between Tuesday and Thursday next week is when we'll find out. They said sometime before March 1st. To me that means last few days in February.

Was really hoping to avoid a weekend of torture, but at least there don't seem to be a flood of acceptances yet (of which I am not a part).

Congratulations, Embarcadero!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you and slightly jealous, but in all the right ways :)  I just attended Vanderbilt's Visit Day and am 99% sure that SUSE is my top choice... really hoping and praying I get a phone call next week from them.

Congratulations Embarcadero!!! Not sure if you applied to others schools and where you've gotten in. But SUSE is a hell of a program to have as a backup ;-)

Hi everyone~  I am new to this thread!  Most of the programs I applied to were either in Psychology or Human Development departments, but I got accepted into the Developmental and Psychological Sciences PhD program under the Stanford Graduate School of Education!  I am super stoked!!  And definitely attending visit day, so let me know if you are too, maybe we can meet up!

Acceptance call came today! So unbelievably happy. 

STEP Secondary Social Science. 

Congrats on your acceptance!!

Hi everyone~  I am new to this thread!  Most of the programs I applied to were either in Psychology or Human Development departments, but I got accepted into the Developmental and Psychological Sciences PhD program under the Stanford Graduate School of Education!  I am super stoked!!  And definitely attending visit day, so let me know if you are too, maybe we can meet up!

Congrats on your acceptance!!

Congratulations!! I applied to SHIPS and was accepted. I am extremely excited!I am also attending visit day.