SUSE Fall 2013

Lilac13

Yay! Congratulations! SUSE is fantastic :).

Thank you!!! I am thrilled  :D

Guys, it's this week...  :o

*flips* *freaks out*

Good luck to those of you waiting on decisions this week!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Guys, it's this week...  :o

*flips* *freaks out*

I know! I was thinking about it this morning. According to previous results, it seems like they actually call all of the POLS admits. I had my phone on loud and next to me all day. One more hour left for today. I just get this feeling that it's going to be tomorrow and Wednesday that they call people and Thursday when they send out the official accept/reject emails.

I know! I was thinking about it this morning. According to previous results, it seems like they actually call all of the POLS admits. I had my phone on loud and next to me all day. One more hour left for today. I just get this feeling that it's going to be tomorrow and Wednesday that they call people and Thursday when they send out the official accept/reject emails.

That's actually exactly what I was thinking. I could NOT leave my phone alone all day, I just kept fidgeting with it. I just try to make peace by reminding myself that our "fates" have already been decided, this is beyond control, and that they just need to get the word to us now. Still.........

I'm out of town right now so I'm typing this on the fly from my phone - please excuse any errors due to over excitement! I got my call from Stanford about an hour ago! I wasn't expecting to hear so early in the week so I was very stunned and almost didn't know what to say when they told me the news! It still hasn't hit me yet but I do know I am very excited and grateful. Yay! Also, much props to Stanford for telling their admits by phone...the personal touch is really impressive.

Congrats to highered2013! Are you going to attend the preview weekend?

I just got the call!!! It's happening :) April 8th and 9th are POLS visit days. Good luck everyone!

I'm out of town right now so I'm typing this on the fly from my phone - please excuse any errors due to over excitement! I got my call from Stanford about an hour ago! I wasn't expecting to hear so early in the week so I was very stunned and almost didn't know what to say when they told me the news! It still hasn't hit me yet but I do know I am very excited and grateful. Yay! Also, much props to Stanford for telling their admits by phone...the personal touch is really impressive.

Congrats to the both of you!!  :D

Congrats to both of you! :) Does anyone know if calls go out all at once or do you think some will go out tomorrow? Not sure why they would do that, but I didn't get a call and I need to cling onto something :P I read that typically only 35 people are admitted into the POLS program, so they might be done with calls already if they started an hour ago?

Yes! I think I will. I'm excited! This is going to be a really tough decision.

And for those who haven't heard, don't give up hope yet. They were calling to see if I had any questions as well. I was at work and could only talk for a minute (I had students in my office). But I could see how one phone call could take 20 minutes.

Or by submission date.... -_-

Yeah, because I pretty much submitted at the last minute. Bah, it's now lunchtime on the west coast, so maybe I should actually get some work done. :blink:

Yup, I'm another last minute submission person, though my name is near the front of the alphabet. Funny story: they actually called my home number first and talked to my mom and asked her for my cell. (Not sure why they didn't just call that first, it was on my app!) They didn't tell her anything, but she was bragging that she knew before I did. ;)

Sorry to hear emg28 and Edugy. I'm sure you both were amazingly strong applicants nonetheless. May I ask, did you receive a phone call as well or were you able to check your status somewhere online?

Best of luck with the rest of your applications!

I received an email as well around 4pm pacific time. When I checked the app site, my application still said "incomplete". So I wouldn't base anything off of the applyweb site. Good luck NewMediaRunAmok!!

Rejected, bah! POLS was pretty much my dream program, so I was bummed for a little bit (plus that app fee, ouch!)... but now I'm over it, I suppose. Ha! We'll all find the right places to go regardless. :) A sincere, heartfelt congratulations to everyone else who was accepted, though!

Did everyone get email form SUSE? seems like everyone got rejection or admission but It's 10:30 PM in East coast now but I haven't received any email.... any idea? :)

Strange.. I would call them tomorrow. Maybe they tried to call you but got the wrong number?

Rejected, bah! POLS was pretty much my dream program, so I was bummed for a little bit (plus that app fee, ouch!)... but now I'm over it, I suppose. Ha! We'll all find the right places to go regardless. :) A sincere, heartfelt congratulations to everyone else who was accepted, though!

Thank you. And I truly believe everyone will end up where they are supposed to. <-- excuse my ending a sentence with a preposition

You have fantastic options! I know you're going to make a great choice and whatever program you choose will be lucky to have you :). According to the Vandy threads, you could even come out without debt!