Communication/Media Studies Ph.D Programs Fall 2013 - let the wait begin!

Congrats everyone.  I am joining this party tonight too as Missouri emailed me to inform me of my acceptance.  The don't have funding for me yet but the Graduate Director sounded optimistic that I would be getting some in the next few weeks.  Add that to my unofficial acceptance to Oklahoma with funding and I am a happy Sconnie.

Congrats everyone.  I am joining this party tonight too as Missouri emailed me to inform me of my acceptance.  The don't have funding for me yet but the Graduate Director sounded optimistic that I would be getting some in the next few weeks.  Add that to my unofficial acceptance to Oklahoma with funding and I am a happy Sconnie.
Congrats!

I see Dknows has heard from NYU.  Should I have heard from them by now with either an acceptance or not?  Maybe I should check my spam folder!  I am waiting on NYU and Maryland.  I was rejected by Annenberg and UNC Chapel Hill a month or so ago.  I'm getting nervous about not hearing anything yet from the other two!

I'm waiting on NYU as well, it's the only place I haven't heard back from yet. I'm considering sending an email to ask, because waiting to officially hear (I'm guessing rejected) is kind of stalling my making a decision about a job and travel.

I see Dknows has heard from NYU.  Should I have heard from them by now with either an acceptance or not?  Maybe I should check my spam folder!  I am waiting on NYU and Maryland.  I was rejected by Annenberg and UNC Chapel Hill a month or so ago.  I'm getting nervous about not hearing anything yet from the other two!

USC Annenberg? They are ridiculously quiet. Just update applyweb already! 

You have heard from Annenberg? USC or Penn? I haven't heard from USC still and if I hear nothing before my trip to University of Colorado Boulder in March than I plan to withdraw my app and commit to Boulder, it will probably end up being my final choice anyway but I admire too many people at USC not to wait a while for a response. 

You have heard from Annenberg? USC or Penn? I haven't heard from USC still and if I hear nothing before my trip to University of Colorado Boulder in March than I plan to withdraw my app and commit to Boulder, it will probably end up being my final choice anyway but I admire too many people at USC not to wait a while for a response. 

I believe he/she means UPenn. I don't think anybody has heard from USC yet. Judging from the admission feed at least. 

Looks like I wasnt the only one to get the form email from the University of Wisconsin today saying "Dear Applicant" followed by a rejection.  I was expecting it though since I was a terrible fit for that program and was only applying because its my in state University and I wouldnt have to move.

Looks like I wasnt the only one to get the form email from the University of Wisconsin today saying "Dear Applicant" followed by a rejection.  I was expecting it though since I was a terrible fit for that program and was only applying because its my in state University and I wouldnt have to move.
Hey Sconnie! At least you got accepted to two great schools with funding! That is so awesome! Which program are you leaning more toward? Did you applied to Ohio State as well? Good luck!

Hey Sconnie! At least you got accepted to two great schools with funding! That is so awesome! Which program are you leaning more toward? Did you applied to Ohio State as well? Good luck!

Its a toss up right now since the 2 I've been accepted to are both really good fits for me.  I think I will know a lot more after my Oklahoma visit in 2 weeks.  I applied to Ohio University not Ohio State.  I havent heard from them yet unfortunately since it would be nice to know what the full set of choices is.  At this points UW-Milwaukee is out as they were there as a safety school.  Where all did you apply?

I havent heard from them yet unfortunately since it would be nice to know what the full set of choices is.

Actually someone on this forum once said that it's never good to weigh more than two choices against each other because it gets hard to control for certain criteria. This person's advice (which I thought was pretty good) was to always make a decision between two schools as the acceptances come in. If you decide in favor of school B between A & B, why would you suddenly prefer A over school C that just sent an acceptance? It's always good to make the decision as "easy" as possible to that you a) don't get completely overwhelmed and feel shitty and B) make a good decision you will then be happy with in the long run.

Has anybody heard back from Maryland at all? The result board states that two people have been admitted. One of them in december, just a couple of days after the deadline. Can this be true?