Acceptance Freakout Thread

OK, now that I'm done teaching I can respond it more detail!

Deadinthewater & jrockford27 - YAY US! :) Congratulations. We should chat!

And Porridge & joy illimited - congrats on those schools! Both are amaze!

To anyone else wondering about Buffalo, my e-mail says they have 10 spots and about 250 applications. 

I'm in at Chicago. Did. Not. See. That. Coming.

In shock. Cannot think.

Edited to say: ignore the application season in my profile. I applied for Fall.

Told you you'd get in somewhere! :D Congrats!

Sadly, no.  I keep vainly hoping that maybe I'll get an email later tonight or tomorrow, but I know it isn't going to happen...

If you don't mind me asking, what schools did you apply to? What are the 4 "implicit" rejections?

I just got my official acceptance letter from Nevada, complete with an invitation to recruitment weekend.  Happyhappyhappybouncybouncybouncy.

Excited-Gif.gif

This is my favorite post of the day. Congratulations, datatape! I am so beyond thrilled for you!

Sadly, no.  I keep vainly hoping that maybe I'll get an email later tonight or tomorrow, but I know it isn't going to happen...

I know, right? I kept checking my email in the hopes that it was just a little bit behind. Alas! Now I'm just hoping for a waitlist :(

But congratulations to everyone else! I'm super excited for you. And I can't believe so many of the 10 acceptances are on gradcafe.

I just got my official acceptance letter from Nevada, complete with an invitation to recruitment weekend.  Happyhappyhappybouncybouncybouncy.

this makes me so very, very happy. good on ya!

If you don't mind me asking, what schools did you apply to? What are the 4 "implicit" rejections?

I applied to UPenn, Wisconsin-Madison, UNC-Chapel Hill, NYU, Northwestern, Buffalo, and Georgetown.  I count Madison, NYU, Northwestern, and Buffalo as implicit rejections.

I came home to a missed call from a witheld number and am now paranoid that it was a school and that omg, I wrote my e-mail wrong too or something and how will they ever contact meeeeee.  Even though:

1) it was probably just my grandmother or something

2) a school would left a message, seriously self, get a grip

Is it tomorrow yet? Preferably business hours? Is it?

Ugh, I just noticed that for the last three years Rutgers has notified on the third weekend of February. I thought weekends were supposed to be a break from waiting, a pause from the constant phone and e-mail checks?

I guess the nice part is that I can stop thinking about it until February 16th since it looks like they are pretty consistent.