Acceptance Freakout Thread

I was the first person to post a Vandy wait-list earlier, I believe.  Was on my phone so I didn't claim it here.  A bummer, I really liked them.  But hey, I've had two responses so far and neither an outright rejection, so I guess it's an honor just to be nominated.  I don't feel all that bad about it in light of yesterday's Buffalo acceptance.

Ooh, I wanted to add that he also got accepted at Chicago so... I wouldn't lose hope yet. It sounds like it's another one of those "by the end of the week" deals, so perhaps decisions aren't quite finalized.

does this mean I'm screwed for berkeley too??

Not necessarily. It looks like last year they notified over the course of a couple of days, did the wait list, and then rejections. It's not necessarily over for you until you're rejected. Good luck!

Not necessarily. It looks like last year they notified over the course of a couple of days, did the wait list, and then rejections. It's not necessarily over for you until you're rejected. Good luck!

I'm totally zero confidence on acceptances now and I am trynig not to cry at work

t1racyjacks I'm pulling for you. it looks like all the schools are posting things over a few days' time. *thinking happy thoughts*

thanks. I'm afraid I'm not too optimistic myself though, and have opted for wine. I have to work tomorrow but I'm actually wishing to just pass out and not return. I can't imagine myself carrying on like this for an extended period of time. It's entirely possible however that I'm not built (or destined) for scholarship. :unsure:

how am I going to celebrate chinese new year? :unsure: I want to run into a corner and hide and never come back.

It's entirely possible however that I'm not built (or destined) for scholarship. :unsure:

how am I going to celebrate chinese new year? :unsure: I want to run into a corner and hide and never come back.

Nonsense. You applied to 4 schools. First, you have only heard back from 1 of them. Second, it's easy to be rejected from 4 schools even if you are a perfect applicant. It just is. Watch those of us who applied to more than 10 schools. Just about all of us will get at least 4 rejections.

Celebrate and have fun! It won't change the results. Hang in there. It's not over until it's over, and even then it's not over because schools will be taking applications again next year.

Nonsense. You applied to 4 schools. First, you have only heard back from 1 of them. Second, it's easy to be rejected from 4 schools even if you are a perfect applicant. It just is. Watch those of us who applied to more than 10 schools. Just about all of us will get at least 4 rejections.

Celebrate and have fun! It won't change the results. Hang in there. It's not over until it's over, and even then it's not over because schools will be taking applications again next year.

I just wailed to my Berkeley POI and he said it's ok, we can work together even if I go to another school. He'll still help with my work. He's so sweet :(