MFA Photography - post your results

glittergrill

rejected by SAIC via snail mail today, although they offered me admission into their BFA program as a Prior Degree student. 

Does any of you guys got the same thing?

rejected by SAIC via snail mail today, although they offered me admission into their BFA program as a Prior Degree student. 

I got my SAIC rejection too today. No other admit stuff for me though. Just plain ol' rejection.

hey I got the same thing! are you going to take it??

Is it too early to assume rejection from Hunter and CMU?  I just need to make plans for my life!  Should I call them to confirm that I'm on the reject list?  

hey I got the same thing! are you going to take it??

I received the same thing yesterday too. I haven't heard back from my other two schools yet, so not sure what I'll do, but right now it could be a plan b. If nothing worked in my favor, I was considering moving to Chicago end of summer anyway.

So red_190 you're thinking it's a no for you, but how about you orangephotog1 are you considering it?

Hi meanabelle, red_190 and Orangephoto g1!  :unsure:

Seems like SAIC gives out this prior degree student offer on inflationary basis but writing that position is so rare??  Hello...Hello? I recieved that offer, too.Maybe other people did so as well

I wonder more and more if this is kind of an indipendent extra money making program they created for the devil knows why and they just trying to get it full with people. To me this offer doesn`t make much sense. I mean, seriously what did they see 15-20 pictures? Thats nothing. Shouldn`t there be an interview or something to talk about your work when they are unsure about us? 

And why the hell do they mean to say they are the best and most influential school in the world? Are they kidding? Are they sick? Did I miss that they have healed aids in Africa or hunger in the whole world or something? There are so many good and innovative schools and photographers out there,working on fantastic things and thoughts, or not? This is ridiculous. I do not like them anymore. There was no special information about the benefits of the program for the students who take that extra year, nothing about MFA chances later, neither in the letter nor on their halfbaked, disorganied "state of the art" web page.

If any other school takes me, even their ranking is much lower, I`m gonna take them. And SAIC? I am gonna piss a fuck you on their letter before I sent it back with a photograph of my "state of the art" nacked ass.  

Hi meanabelle, red_190 and Orangephotog1! :unsure:

Seems like SAIC gives out this prior degree student offer on inflationary basis but writing that position is so rare?? Hello...Hello? I recieved that offer, too.Maybe other people did so as well

I wonder more and more if this is kind of an indipendent extra money making program they created for the devil knows why and they just trying to get it full with people. To me this offer doesn`t make much sense. I mean, seriously what did they see 15-20 pictures? Thats nothing. Shouldn`t there be an interview or something to talk about your work when they are unsure about us?

And why the hell do they mean to say they are the best and most influential school in the world? Are they kidding? Are they sick? Did I miss that they have healed aids in Africa or hunger in the whole world or something? There are so many good and innovative schools and photographers out there,working on fantastic things and thoughts, or not? This is ridiculous. I do not like them anymore. There was no special information about the benefits of the program for the students who take that extra year, nothing about MFA chances later, neither in the letter nor on their halfbaked, disorganied "state of the art" web page.

If any other school takes me, even their ranking is much lower, I`m gonna take them. And SAIC? I am gonna piss a fuck you on their letter before I sent it back with a photograph of my "state of the art" nacked ass.

Well, that was a ridiculous and bitter post. If you do a thorough search on this forum, you'll find plenty of excellent and helpful advice on SAIC's postbac program. According to my understanding, for many young artists it may in fact be a very ideal alternative to an MFA program.

I received the same thing yesterday too. I haven't heard back from my other two schools yet, so not sure what I'll do, but right now it could be a plan b. If nothing worked in my favor, I was considering moving to Chicago end of summer anyway.

So red_190 you're thinking it's a no for you, but how about you orangephotog1 are you considering it?

I am considering, but I am not too sure yet. I interviewed at a few places and I'm waiting to hear back. If I am offered to do MFA somewhere else, I would definitely prefer that as I don't want to spend an extra year in post bac, it is also pretty expensive. so we'll see!

Hi all! I'm new here!

I received the same thing yesterday too. I haven't heard back from my other two schools yet, so not sure what I'll do, but right now it could be a plan b. If nothing worked in my favor, I was considering moving to Chicago end of summer anyway.   So red_190 you're thinking it's a no for you, but how about you orangephotog1 are you considering it?
I also received this offer. Just to clarify, this prior degree program is different from the post bac program right?

same here. were you interviewed? i know people have been interviewed and others rejected. i thought finalists must be interviewed so i'm kind of assuming rejection over here... i called admissions to ask yesterday, they said they are still gathering decisions and will be sending notifications out mid march. apparently their undergrad and grad admissions office is combined and they have a huge workload. fingers crossed and good luck!

I haven't even been notified if I got an interview! I am assuming that I am rejected at this point haha. 

I am considering, but I am not too sure yet. I interviewed at a few places and I'm waiting to hear back. If I am offered to do MFA somewhere else, I would definitely prefer that as I don't want to spend an extra year in post bac, it is also pretty expensive. so we'll see!

Orangephotog1, Mtndew, I don't think it's a post bac program, just a regular BFA 

also, has anyone heard back from risd photo?

Hello everybody, I still haven't heard anything from RISD or Columbia University, which makes me feel a little restless because it I think they have made decisions for other disciplines. So.... yea anybody have any idea what the photo departments are up to?

I got an email from MICA saying they will have final decisions by March 15th. I interviewed down at Mass Art a couple weeks ago and one of the grad kids said I would hear in a week, but their website says by the end of March and I have heard nothing. So, that's update, haha a whole lot of nothing...

I had a mass art interview and was told the same thing. Still nothing. My status changed from ready to review to reviewed so now I'm thinking the worst. I emailed them and was informed everyone will be notified by either email or mail within the next two weeks.

Also heard nothing from risd. I know they've contacted ceramic people but haven't heard any sculpture applicants being contacted yet.

I had a mass art interview and was told the same thing. Still nothing. My status changed from ready to review to reviewed so now I'm thinking the worst. I emailed them and was informed everyone will be notified by either email or mail within the next two weeks.

Hey, yeah my status is also "reviewed" so were in the same boat The interview was pretty straight forward, but those interviewers all had poker faces so I have no idea what to think.

Also heard nothing from risd. I know they've contacted ceramic people but haven't heard any sculpture applicants being contacted yet.

i also haven't heard from risd printmaking... it's making me a little crazy. isn't it getting a little late for interview requests / initial contact from a dept? i don't know what to think!