Has anyone applied to HDFS?

slowness

OK...so maybe I am reading too much into this, but I got an email from OSU about needing more info for financial aid. I was under the impression that schools don't process financial aid info for non-admitted students. I logged in and my app is still "under review" and I haven't received anything in the mail. Anyone else receive the financial aid email?!

I just saw that someone was accepted to Penn State in the results section. Was that someone here? Do you think all the acceptance letters go out at the same time, or do they go out as decisions are made? Penn State is my top choice!

I just saw that someone was accepted to Penn State in the results section. Was that someone here? Do you think all the acceptance letters go out at the same time, or do they go out as decisions are made? Penn State is my top choice!

I saw that too. Someone also got accepted in January 18. I think they don't go out at the same time, given the results from previous years. Fingers crossed for all of us! :)

I didn't, but I am an international student so it might be different for me. I definitely think it's a good sign. Did they ask you to give them more information?

It wasn't a personalized email, but basically the contents said:

"We are processing your application for financial aid and need to confirm the information submitted on your 2013-2014 FAFSA. To ensure that your award reflects the most accurate information, follow the steps below to learn what forms are being requested."

That sounds like a good sign to me, tbh.

I'm exhausted, just got back from my visit weekend and have another one in three days. brb, crashing...

Yikes! How did it go?

I tried contacting the program and haven't received a response yet. The graduate school said it sounded like good news, but best not to assume anything until I get something official from the program. Oy!

Yikes! How did it go?

I tried contacting the program and haven't received a response yet. The graduate school said it sounded like good news, but best not to assume anything until I get something official from the program. Oy!

Good, I think. I had fun - got to meet other students and had a blast. Back to normal just in time to leave for Minn tomorrow!

Good, I think. I had fun - got to meet other students and had a blast. Back to normal just in time to leave for Minn tomorrow!

Minnesota? Is that the Family Social Science program? I'm attending it too! PM me...we should make sure we recognize each other at the meet :)

Rejected from Purdue's HDFS....old news though. Had 4 professors that matched great research wise, but was called by 2 proffesors that had interests in my previous research exp. Figured there would be a good chance of rejection.

For those who applied to Penn State and haven't heard back- I called today and they said most of their acceptances are out but there are still a few applications that they have not made decisions on...so let's all hope for the best! Fingers crossed for all of us...hopefully we are still in the running.

For those who applied to Penn State and haven't heard back- I called today and they said most of their acceptances are out but there are still a few applications that they have not made decisions on...so let's all hope for the best! Fingers crossed for all of us...hopefully we are still in the running.

Thanks for the info! Fingers crossed! :)

Does anyone here have a Plan B? After getting a series of rejections I am seriously considering reapplying next year. I am a bit worried that the few acceptances I have are just not a great fit for me.

Edited by Silverstars

Contacted the folks at Wisconsin-Madison and found out I am waitlisted.  It's alright though.  This is not really an HDFS program but yesterday I was contacted by my POI for Washington State University's Prevention Science program and was accepted!  So, excited about that!!

Edited by eaboo316