Ohio State - Columbus

Yeah, I thought I knew who you were too, but I wasn't sure how to ask it in a way that wasn't creepy/awkward (especially if I asked the wrong person). It was great to meet you!!

Congrats on accepting the offer!! I would have said something, but I just assumed given research interests that it was fairly obvious. Sorry! But yes, it was great meeting all of you. I got a really good feeling from OSU... I felt very comfortable. I am going to visit Riverside and Irvine this upcoming week, and then hopefully I'll be closer to a decision.

• 2 weeks later...

hey all,

just made it official and accepted OSU's offer. i am so excited to be there in the fall and meet everyone.

anyone have any tips on finding apartments from out of town?

At the visit day, many graduate students recommended finding apartments either north or south of campus, far enough away so as to avoid the rowdy undergrads. Clintonville to the north and Victorian Village/The Short North to the south seemed to be popular places for grad students.

Also, congratulations!!

Edited by ZacharyBinks

At the visit day, many graduate students recommended finding apartments either north or south of campus, far enough away so as to avoid the rowdy undergrads. Clintonville to the north and Victorian Village/The Short North to the south seemed to be popular places for grad students.

Also, congratulations!!

congrats to you too and thank you. have you found a place yet? i was actually able to visit over my spring break and i definitely think i want to live in victorian village or short north--but i'm having trouble finding websites with listings. the osu off-campus housing listings don't seem to have much in those areas.

congrats to you too and thank you. have you found a place yet? i was actually able to visit over my spring break and i definitely think i want to live in victorian village or short north--but i'm having trouble finding websites with listings. the osu off-campus housing listings don't seem to have much in those areas.

Yeah I had some trouble finding places there as well. I compromised and found a pretty good place farther south, a little closer to downtown. The distance to campus is kind of crappy but it seems like a nice place.

Yeah I had some trouble finding places there as well. I compromised and found a pretty good place farther south, a little closer to downtown. The distance to campus is kind of crappy but it seems like a nice place.

thank you! any information is much appreciated, esp. when searching from out of town.

Congrats!!

thank you!

hey all,

just made it official and accepted OSU's offer. i am so excited to be there in the fall and meet everyone.

anyone have any tips on finding apartments from out of town?

Welcome! I second Clintonville/VV, though what you are looking for will vary with your needs (family, pets, car etc.)

my lease ends sept. 1st, but i'm serrrrious, guys, i'm sure they'd let us do an august split or something

if one of you wants this lovely place. cats only, unfortunately (but some other folks have not-so-secret dogs!),

but it's the best, best, best location i could think of!

some have already PM'd, so sorry for bein' so slow -- let's talk after i make my decision, haha!

but, again : 1 living room 1 bedroom french windows lovely verdigris walls crown moulding cozy big closets

cathedralesque american bathroom, &c.! :D

295 west hubbard in victorian village, if you want to check it out on streetview! in the mighty CHARWALDE!

i'm gonna miss this town!

congrats to you all!

xoxoxo!!!