Ohio State - Columbus

So... Kathleen Griffin just called to let me know that travel expenses WILL be reimbursed after all. So disregard everything I posted about earlier. :)

Same here! I was so relieved! It also alleviates some of the anxiety about differential treatment we talked about earlier.

hey there, potential bus-towners!

as i make up my own final decisions, i did just want to reach out again and say HEY! i have a cheap cool lovely apartment

in the best neighborhood, ever -- SERIOUSLY, i wish i didn't have to move anywhere else; and am actually kind-of super-bummed

to have to! -- that i'll need someone to take up in either early july or august, depending on what i find elsewhere.

i'll be out of town for most of next week, but will definitely be home by sunday, march 31st, if anyone is still around;

i could also try to share pictures!

again: WISH I COULD STAY HERE FOREVER; and, since i know i'm so freaked out considering neighborhoods and only

having craigslist as a metric for the places i'm considering moving to, please feel free to PM me for any neighboorhood

suggestions, or if you have specific buildings, streets, &c., in mind!

yay columbus!

and welcome to all who are gonna be coming to visit!,

cougars!

it does make me a bit nervous that there could be some sort of divide in the department between those on fellowship and those on normal TA-ship (which a current student sort of suggested on this thread earlier).

I just wanted to clarify this point I made in a previous post. It's not like there's a rivalry between those on fellowships and those with TA funding (definitely not the Jets and the Sharks by any means). It's just more difficult for students on fellowships to meet other people in the department since we're not part of the two week pre-semester teaching workshop and taking 4 classes means a different schedule. Everyone is very nice in the department; it just takes more effort for people on fellowships to develop relationships because there's not the immediate bonding experience that the teaching workshop provides.

you guyyys make sure to eat at northstar and 2nd & high!

and check out the NORTH MARKET! spruce street! i'll be working

at the greener grocer there this afternoon if you want to say HI!

coolest indoor/local market evvvvvz.

(also seriously JENI'S SPLENDID ICE CREAM. try the absinthe + meringues or savannah buttermint.

you won't regret this. unless you are a vegan. and even then prolly not!)

GOOD LUCK !!!

I won't be around campus 'til Friday morning. I'll be searching for coffee before the day's activities though, if anyone has recommendations/wants to join me.

Yes! I met you, ZacharyBinks, Laokooon. I just assumed you all knew who I was! I was wearing a tie, carrying a briefcase.

It was so great meeting you all! I had a GREAT time at OSU.

Fantastic! I was 99% sure that was you! It was so nice to meet everyone in person.

Yes! I met you, ZacharyBinks, Laokooon. I just assumed you all knew who I was! I was wearing a tie, carrying a briefcase. 

It was so great meeting you all! I had a GREAT time at OSU.

Yeah, I thought I knew who you were too, but I wasn't sure how to ask it in a way that wasn't creepy/awkward (especially if I asked the wrong person). It was great to meet you!!