Ohio State - Columbus

Thanks everyone! I'm so honored! Can't believe it.

Congratulations!!!! And I'm glad you finally heard from them. I am getting a little frustrated that I haven't heard from them. The week before last week, they said last week. Last week, they said this week. And now, nothing. 

But I really am very happy for you!

Thanks! I am DEFINITELY planning on attending the admitted students day. Are you planning on going?

Yep, I'll definitely be there. Going to stay for about three days total to try and find a place to stay. 

Hey y'all, if you have questions about OSU and/or the city of Columbus, let me know.  You can send me a PM on here, I think.  I'm in the MFA program, but I've taken a bunch of RCL and digital media classes and have interacted with most of those professors, as well as some of the narrative theory folks.

Does anyone know if the list of courses for this semester (Spring 2013) is available anywhere? I know I saw it somewhere before, but now I am only seeing the courses for this upcoming fall. I am wondering because I want to sit in on a seminar when I visit.

http://english.osu.edu/courses/current-and-imminent/spring-2013-graduate

The class selection is sooooo tantalizing. 

Edited by Gwendolyn

But... the course listing doesn't say when the classes are held! That seems strange.

I'm a current student here, in the MFA program. Yes, our coursebook doesn't say the times, lol. It's a little crazy. But here's the link to the Class Search, so you can look up specific classes: https://courses.osu.edu/psp/hcosuct/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/COMMUNITY_ACCESS.CLASS_SEARCH.GBL

(I think that should work. If not, you can go to buckeyelink.osu.edu and then click on "Schedule of Classes" and then "Class Search" on the left-hand side.)

Also, when you're putting in the number of the course you're interested in, set the drop-down to "contains" rather than "is exactly." Also also, make sure you uncheck "Show open courses only."

Hope that helps! I've never posted on here before, but I saw a question I could actually help with! :)

I'm a current student here, in the MFA program. Yes, our coursebook doesn't say the times, lol. It's a little crazy. But here's the link to the Class Search, so you can look up specific classes: https://courses.osu.edu/psp/hcosuct/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/COMMUNITY_ACCESS.CLASS_SEARCH.GBL

(I think that should work. If not, you can go to buckeyelink.osu.edu and then click on "Schedule of Classes" and then "Class Search" on the left-hand side.)

Also, when you're putting in the number of the course you're interested in, set the drop-down to "contains" rather than "is exactly." Also also, make sure you uncheck "Show open courses only."

Hope that helps! I've never posted on here before, but I saw a question I could actually help with! :)

Thanks, I will try that! I REALLY appreciate the help!!!

4pm is approaching. Although I doubt any announcements from the department will be sent out immediately, I'm extremely anxious to hear if I got the fellowship for which I was nominated. 

Edited by Gwendolyn