Application Status: Water Torture

Vincenzo

I checked one of my apps today- it was Brown- and I saw they only got my GRE scores on the 23rd of January. What the...? I sent my GRE scores to Brown in August, maybe early September. Why are you showing you only received them AFTER the deadline has passed? That, and I didn't think you needed my GRE...

I nearly had a heart attack today when the Maryland website was down. I couldn't get to my supplemental form page to check my status. Instead it kept giving me an incomplete, not submitted application. I don't check most of my apps everyday (minus South Carolina) because I know it'll stress me out. The one day I decide to check them all? Bam! Things go wrong!

I checked one of my apps today- it was Brown- and I saw they only got my GRE scores on the 23rd of January. What the...? I sent my GRE scores to Brown in August, maybe early September. Why are you showing you only received them AFTER the deadline has passed? That, and I didn't think you needed my GRE...

I nearly had a heart attack today when the Maryland website was down. I couldn't get to my supplemental form page to check my status. Instead it kept giving me an incomplete, not submitted application. I don't check most of my apps everyday (minus South Carolina) because I know it'll stress me out. The one day I decide to check them all? Bam! Things go wrong!

Why only South Carolina!

The universe decided to give me a sharp kick in the ass today for complaining about the wait...

Received CMU rejection email this afternoon.

I marked it as SPAM and got back to the drip-drip-drip. [twitch]

Do schools generally send e-mails right after the results are released, or do you have to log into the system to find out?

i had to check my Berkeley app to figure out i'd been rejected- i didn't get an e-mail.

not sure how generalizable that knowledge is, but there's my input

One school that I applied to only wanted electronic transcripts.  I KNOW I attached my transcript to the application.  I printed off a copy of the application after submitting it and I've checked to make sure it's there online multiple times.  And yes, their website clearly states that transcripts will be marked as "not received" until they have been reviewed. But.  I submitted my application over two months ago.  How long does it take to click open an attachment and look it over?  I mean...come on.  I just want to know they've looked at my application.  And I don't feel like they have.  Either that, or they rejected me before they even thought to look at my transcripts and it will forever be marked as not received until they finally decide to send out a rejection letter a billion years from now...

I applied to brown and UMD too and I exp the same problems. I think we are alright.

My brown application says it received my GRE score on Dec 2x even thought it should have been delivered two weeks before.

My UMD application is still "incomplete" according to their ASF, lacking some transcripts, but the department secretary said it is fine.

Don't worry

One school that I applied to only wanted electronic transcripts. I KNOW I attached my transcript to the application. I printed off a copy of the application after submitting it and I've checked to make sure it's there online multiple times. And yes, their website clearly states that transcripts will be marked as "not received" until they have been reviewed. But. I submitted my application over two months ago. How long does it take to click open an attachment and look it over? I mean...come on. I just want to know they've looked at my application. And I don't feel like they have. Either that, or they rejected me before they even thought to look at my transcripts and it will forever be marked as not received until they finally decide to send out a rejection letter a billion years from now...

It is the Texas common application system you are referring to?

The universe decided to give me a sharp kick in the ass today for complaining about the wait... Received CMU rejection email this afternoon. I marked it as SPAM and got back to the drip-drip-drip. [twitch]
Lame. Hope you get some good news to balance it out. :)

Do schools generally send e-mails right after the results are released, or do you have to log into the system to find out?

I had to check the system to find out I didnt get an email.

I checked an application late last night and saw it was said "decision made: university acceptance" but I haven't heard from anyone. I had checked that morning so they must have updated it in the afternoon. 

I'm hoping they'll contact me soon. The irrational paranoid part of me is thinking the acceptance on the application site is just a mistake! 

Ouch. Sorry, Vincenzo.

No worries. Thanks, though. I have seven other apps outstanding and really there's only one with the power to break my heart. I actually expect that shoe to drop by Friday. /shiver

I checked an application late last night and saw it was said "decision made: university acceptance" but I haven't heard from anyone. I had checked that morning so they must have updated it in the afternoon. 

I'm hoping they'll contact me soon. The irrational paranoid part of me is thinking the acceptance on the application site is just a mistake! 

Hit that screenshot button until it breaks!

I just hate that some of mine say "processed application." Who (or what) processed it? The graduate school admissions people? The adcom for my programs? Is it just a generic way of saying that my application was deemed complete and passed on to the adcom for review? (I know it's probably the last one, but the irrational part of my brain just keeps going, "WHAT IS THIS 'PROCESSING' OF WHICH YOU SPEAK????")

Oh god I wish I hadn't checked gradcafe out of boredom today.  I thought they wouldn't release this stuff until February 15th.  I would have been so much happier not knowing they already started, and that each second means an exponential drop in the likelihood I was accepted.

if you do not receive an interview does that you you are not being seriously considered for an acceptance?

Maybe, maybe not. I received an acceptance out of the blue from the school that I'd had no contact with since I submitted my application. On the other hand, I've had two for one of the other schools, and am still waiting for their decision. Very anxiously waiting...

I applied to Carleton University in Ottawa, ON, Canada for a PhD in Legal Studies and my app status is "Recommended for Assessment". 

I'm on the waiting list for the PhD in Education at Lakehead University.

Woohoo, the glorious waiting game!

I only applied to 2 schools - might write the GRE and apply next year to schools in the US. I'm not in a hurry to complete a PhD, lol.

Good luck to you all.