2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

I have to chime in on the ongoing computer conversation. I have a mac and have never had an issue with it (first year grad student). I don't (or have yet to) have to download SALT and while most of the computers at my school are PCs I have had no problems getting files to open from Mac to PC and vice vercia. My cohort is split about 50/50 with mac and pc users (maybe 60/40 mac/PC) and no one with a Mac has ever had trouble. My friend recently went from a PC to the MacBook air and seems to really like the switch. I am from norcal (obvi) so am a bit biased towards Mac but I had to point out that I am very happy with my computer and it has never been a problem (quite the contrary actually when I had a PC it broke several times a year). Just my two cents. 

Edited by NorcalSLP

Congrats to everyone who has heard good news from BU!! :) It seems like an amazing program!

(I've already assumed I didn't make the cut, but after interviews I realised the cold climate isn't for me, anyway! :P)

Keeping my fingers crossed that the good news keeps coming for all of us this week!!!

Congrats to everyone who received acceptances today! 

I, like a few others, am stuck in limbo and waiting for another few weeks to get results. I am hoping that the great news we have been hearing will rub off on others that are still waiting. :)

I, like a few others, am stuck in limbo and waiting for another few weeks to get results. I am hoping that the great news we have been hearing will rub off on others that are still waiting. :)

Hang in there, Tay1991! The wait will be worthwhile when you get tons of acceptances in just a few short weeks :D

I'm with you, Tay!  We'll make it.  I am counting down T-11 days.  :-) 

SLP2013, mind sharing a bit about the scholarship?  Was it part of the email, or did you have to call the number provided there to find out?

It was in the acceptance e-mail I received

Two acceptances in one day?! Way to go!  B)

Thanks so much!! I'm doing a little dance in my desk chair right now over the whole thing. I was honestly just telling myself this morning that I just wanted to get into one of the places to which I applied, so this is so exciting I can't really believe it yet.

I just got accepted into BU's program as well. Congrats to the rest of you! As an undergrad at BU currently, I can tell you it's an absolutely amazing program! I look forward to meeting you all at the open house :-).

Just received a merit based scholarship to BU!! I am so excited, and almost positive this is where I will attend. And now to study for an exam I must take in an hour..... So hard to concentrate, I just want to dance!!

Accepted: Rush, MGH, GWU, UMN-TC, Emerson, BU

Rejected:

Waitlisted:

She won't share your status via email /phone -- that has to come straight from the grad school. However, about 2-3 hours after I emailed her and she replied, I got an email from UNC grad school that my application status was available online (in the apply yourself website).  If you haven't checked the AY site with your crazy number/letter combo login, check there first, then contact Ms. Diana.  I have a feeling that she made a call to get the decision uploaded more quickly, despite the fact that mine was a rejection.  :-( 

Thanks, she actually (extremely politely, nice lady) let me know in email that I wasn't accepted. Sounds like folks who have heard nothing aren't in the running. Good luck to all!

zsmith91, how did you hear from northeastern? email? do you think we will all hear today? ahhhh!
matrixgrl09, I'm so sorry for the confusion, I should have put this up with my signature. For Northeastern, I applied to the Au.D program at the recommendation of a professor. The audiology department follows a rolling admissions decision process, which is why I already heard back. I'm sorry for the mix up :-\. I'm sure you'll hear back soon with great news :-)!

It's time for a cosmo.  Celebrations abound for many on here!  

And for those of us who haven't heard yet... the cosmo to drown away the blues! B)  

I was trying to post a picture but I keep getting errors.  I'm enjoying mine whilst watching Pride and Prejudice this evening.