2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

I made the mistake of searching through the results regarding the school I'm waiting to hear from tomorrow. It seems like there's a wide range (3.3's accepted, 3.8's rejected) so I'm feeling so unsure! Blah this sucks.

Yeah, the school I'm waiting for is very much the same way, so I know that the total application truly matters, which is both great and nerve-wracking.

In a way, a rejection will feel more personal because I poured my heart and soul into my SOP (and one of my profs said it was the strongest SOP she's ever read, which is an amazing compliment). I have to remember that it's not personal at all--admissions are just so competitive that there are no guarantees.

I wish schools (ahem - SDSU, Montclair...alhough Montclair's application was due later so they are forgiven) would notify earlier than April especially if you have to decide by April 15th. That hardly gives me any time to visit (schedule a flight for SDSU) or compare with other programs before having to decide and scrounge up some deposit money to send in.

I wish schools (ahem - SDSU, Montclair...alhough Montclair's application was due later so they are forgiven) would notify earlier than April especially if you have to decide by April 15th. That hardly gives me any time to visit (schedule a flight for SDSU) or compare with other programs before having to decide and scrounge up some deposit money to send in.

I know what you mean!  I'm still waiting to hear back from several schools and one of the schools I got in to need me to defer or put a deposit down by tomorrow!  I understand that they want to take people off the waiting list but it's so early in the game that I have no idea what I want to do yet!

On another note, I wish financial packages were given out with acceptances.  It would make the decision process much easier knowing exactly how much it will cost to attend each school.  I know that financial aid is a big factor for many of us--I wish the schools would just realize that too!

I know what you mean!  I'm still waiting to hear back from several schools and one of the schools I got in to need me to defer or put a deposit down by tomorrow!  I understand that they want to take people off the waiting list but it's so early in the game that I have no idea what I want to do yet!

On another note, I wish financial packages were given out with acceptances.  It would make the decision process much easier knowing exactly how much it will cost to attend each school.  I know that financial aid is a big factor for many of us--I wish the schools would just realize that too!

Wow, that's an early deposit deadline. Your first acceptance was only two weeks ago!

That is so early! I wish schools would at least agree on a deadline on when is the latest date to send decisions out and when is the latest date to put down a deposit.

I don't even know when TC is going to send out decisions because they're clearly not following last year's timeline. And SDSU has said they will MAKE decisions in mid-March and notify in April. I'm pretty sure the reason why it's taking them so long is because they had required everything to be in paper and mailed to them so they've probably been organizing all those documents by hand for the past 2 months.

I think calculating financial aid is trickier because a lot of schools have later deadlines for the FAFSA and a lot of people I know don't do their taxes until February at the earliest.

Newbie here... good luck to everyone!!!

I will be applying for Fall 2014 and I'm constantly checking on the stats of those accepted to the schools I will be applying to.  It's stressing me out so I can't imagine the stress on all of you, lol.  Hope everyone gets some good news today!!  

Newbie here... good luck to everyone!!!   I will be applying for Fall 2014 and I'm constantly checking on the stats of those accepted to the schools I will be applying to.  It's stressing me out so I can't imagine the stress on all of you, lol.  Hope everyone gets some good news today!!  
What schools will you be applying to in the spring? Just wondering what grad schools open their admission at that time?

What schools will you be applying to in the spring? Just wondering what grad schools open their admission at that time?

I'll actually be applying for Fall 2014 admission...I graduate in Spring 2014 from West Chester University.  I'm married with 2 little ones so I don't really have an option of moving.  I will be applying to West Chester, Temple and LaSalle, which are all local for me and probably one of the Distance Programs.  Trying to get an idea of the stats of those approved to any of those programs to see what my chances are, lol.  

Edited by Sophia Petrillo

I'll actually be applying for Fall 2014 admission...I graduate in Spring 2014 from West Chester University.  I'm married with 2 little ones so I don't really have an option of moving.  I will be applying to West Chester, Temple and LaSalle, which are all local for me and probably one of the Distance Programs.  Trying to get an idea of the stats of those approved to any of those programs to see what my chances are, lol.  
Oh, ok I got cha! Thanks! Good luck :)

Wow, apparently my luck is going to roll onwards...

just logged into my apply yourself website with Western Carolina and it says "decision made" ...

clicked on the link, and I got in, WITH an assistantship!!!

WOW!!

Lots to think about now! 

just logged into my apply yourself website with Western Carolina and it says "decision made" ...

WOW!!

Lots to think about now!

CONGRTS!!!!!!!!

Just wish I wasn't at work today dealing with the bronchitis effects (I'm on day 4 of the Z-pack) plus lots of other drugs to keep me symptom-less.  And now such a big decision to think about... many factors at play.  If I'm going to turn down an offer at this point (3, with 2 of them at ECU and 1 at WCU), I want to do it quickly so people on the wait list won't be in the "twilight zone" for very long.  :-/ 

WOW!!

Lots to think about now! 

Congratulations KCald! Is Western Carolina really far from Eastern? Also, the assistantship sounds wonderful! That'd help with the tuition factor.

Edited by slpf13

WOW!!

Lots to think about now! 

Congrats!!!! So exciting!

Congratulations KCald! Is Western Carolina really far from Eastern? Also, the assistantship sounds wonderful! That'd help with the tuition factor.

I am not sure how far apart they are, but from our current house, East Carolina is about 2 hours, and I think western is more like 4.5 or 5 hours from our house now. It is at the southwestern tip of nc. If we could actually sell the condo near ECU, or get it rented, that would free me up to go anywhere I want... Hmm. Also have to think about one day applying for a PhD program, and what might help me get there....

I did not hear from Western Carolina yet :( hopefully they just have notified in-state so far. Probably unlikely.
I did not hear from Western Carolina yet :( hopefully they just have notified in-state so far. Probably unlikely.
I have not heard either, I'm so scared its going to be a rejection since I have not yet. :/

I think they said you would hear by Friday, so don't worry yet! Log into the application system online, it might be there before you get an email! Thinking positive thoughts for you all!

I think they said you would hear by Friday, so don't worry yet! Log into the application system online, it might be there before you get an email! Thinking positive thoughts for you all!
Thank you! Congrats on your acceptances!:) that's amazing

Ack! Someone posted about receiving their decision from South Carolina today... Postal mail.... I am stuck at work until 3!!! Achhhhhh! Can't wait!

Edited by kcald716

I haven't heard anything either my portal still says that my application is complete and ready for review. The FAQ section on their website says if it says that then we are still in the running, so I wouldn't freak out yet.

Edited by Tay1991

Grrrr. Apparently ASU has been sending out notifications today, and I haven't gotten anything :( I've already made up my mind that i'm not going there if i get accepted (i want to try a new university/state/region :) ) but i'd at least like some closure :/