2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

Anyone else apply at the University of Georgia? Does anyone know when they typically send out results? Thanks!

I called the office the other day to ask if there is a projected timeline for admissions.  They said they would send out notices, by mail, at the end of/in late march. 

Please see the previous post about notices coming in late March.  :) 

Anyone waiting to hear back from NYU? The email I received last week mentioned we'd be hearing by the end of the month. Let the incessant email-checking commence!

yup, i applied to NYU! didn't receive that email though...hope it's not a bad sign!

Aw congrats! I guess they are contacting all admits.

Congrats!  That's so awesome!

Thanks! I mentioned interest in their Autism Grant program in my personal statement, so I think that may be why I was contacted earlier. You both have amazing stats, so I'm sure acceptances are in the not-so-distant future for you! :D

I'm not allowing myself to really celebrate until I see the written notice, esp. since a friend who applied to another program at UNC received an accidental acceptance email last week :/ Hoping my call was legit, though!

I think if it were only related to that grant, they would have known about funding. Either way, congratulations! I'm very happy for you, even though I'm not feeling great about my chances. You should be proud!

Wow - sounds like a lot of good news today - congrats everyone!!!  This is getting exciting!  It's amazing how many awesome people there are in this field... Definitely makes me excited to start grad school & my career!!

I think if it were only related to that grant, they would have known about funding. Either way, congratulations! I'm very happy for you, even though I'm not feeling great about my chances. You should be proud!

Well, apparently students have to be accepted before they can even access the application to apply for that particular grant. I know good things are in store for you! And congrats to everyone else who has been hearing happy news today :D

It looks like UNC might be making acceptance calls right now.  Even when I was applying I kind of assumed they would reject me since I'm out of field and still completing pre-reqs so I'm not holding my breath.  Good luck to all you other lovely people though!  I hope to see lots of good news on this forum!

It looks like UNC might be making acceptance calls right now.  Even when I was applying I kind of assumed they would reject me since I'm out of field and still completing pre-reqs so I'm not holding my breath.  Good luck to all you other lovely people though!  I hope to see lots of good news on this forum!

I didn't apply to UNC, but don't sell yourself short!  Your stats are really good - you should def. be very proud!!  Best of luck to you - I hope you get the good call from UNC!  And I hope everyone else on here who wants to go there does too! :)

Hello all!

I was looking on a thread and stumbled across a bunch of posts from 2012 with people freaking out about CU Boulder.  Could anyone provide any insights as to why people were so worried, and whether you've heard anything about this year? Like so many others, I'm getting a little nervous because it's my top choice! :)

Thanks so much! And a sincere congratulations to those who have heard back and good luck to all else!

I called the office the other day to ask if there is a projected timeline for admissions. They said they would send out notices, by mail, at the end of/in late march.

Please see the previous post about notices coming in late March. :)

Ouch... I guess I'll stop obsessing over checking the mail for a few weeks then.

Just noticed someone was accepted to Adelphi- congrats if you are reading this!! I wonder when I will hear back...anxiously waiting  :blink:

hahah the worst is when someone else has found out and you havent heard either way. i'm in that boat for NYU now...good luck!!

hahah the worst is when someone else has found out and you havent heard either way. i'm in that boat for NYU now...good luck!!

Yea because then the irrational thinking comes into play lol....good luck with NYU!!! When will this be over, seriously my stomach needs a break from heart burn!

I decided to start a new thread since the other one is so very long (possibly the longest on this site?), and it might be clunky for some people to load it. And I think we deserve our own thread. :D

So where are you applying? Have you heard from anyone yet?

I'm an out-of-field UVA and Boulder applicant. I probably won't hear anything until early March at the earliest.

Monica, I am a out-of-field UVA and JMU applicant! So anxious to hear back!!! What's your undergrad? I'm human development

Monica, I am a out-of-field UVA and JMU applicant! So anxious to hear back!!! What's your undergrad? I'm human development

Hi! I hope we hear back from UVA the first week of March--not too long now!

I majored in English at GMU. :)