2013 SLP Admissions Thread!

I have my NYMC interview on March 6 - I'm very interested in their program. Speech310, is that when your interview is as well?

Good luck hopefullslp, I'm sure you're going to do great! Sending positive energy your way.

Mine was scheduled for march 6th, but I'm still in undergrad right now and that's the week before finals (and i would've had to miss 3 days of class to go bc of the way the bus schedules work) so I rescheduled for march 20th which is during my break. Now I have even longer to wait, haha!

Edited by speech310

I am a speech language pathology major however I graduated in 2003. I had a low undergrad gpa, so I am 2 classes shy of a Masters in Preschool Education. I am in the process of applying to speech programs. I applied to: Armstrong Atlantic Univ, Montevallo Univ, and Alabama A&M. We shall see!!!

I contacted Emerson, UT Austin, Marquette, and NYU and they all said they will probably send out their decisions during the first week of March.  One more week guys!  The end is in sight! 

Thanks for the info!!  That's a relief.  You are at Northwestern now right?!  Do you have any idea when they will be sending out decisions?!  I have heard that they just update the website and it says late Feb/early March, so I have kind of become obsessed with checking it every day..........  I am so excited to hear back from all these schools already!  I got my first decision / acceptance last Friday at University of Tulsa, so excited!

Thanks for the info!!  That's a relief.  You are at Northwestern now right?!  Do you have any idea when they will be sending out decisions?!  I have heard that they just update the website and it says late Feb/early March, so I have kind of become obsessed with checking it every day..........  I am so excited to hear back from all these schools already!  I got my first decision / acceptance last Friday at University of Tulsa, so excited!

I'm pretty sure Northwestern won't contact us with decisions until the end of March.  

What are you guys doing to make the time fly while you wait? I am staying busy with work and school (finishing up my pre-reqs), but it doesn't seem to be helping, lol!

What are you guys doing to make the time fly while you wait? I am staying busy with work and school (finishing up my pre-reqs), but it doesn't seem to be helping, lol!

ME TOO!  I am taking 15 hours and I work 25-30 hours a week at an office, plus I've been doing observations every other week.  I feel like time should be going by a lot quicker considering how busy I am, but it still seems painful to wait each day!

i will be glued to my phone now until all of my schools have sent out decisions :P i mean, i highly doubt i would get in to UNC (the results poster had a gpa of 3.99...) but if they have decided maybe other schools have, too... :) 

I'm not sure if its true or not. Maybe they were contacting about the competitive funding? The results search indicated that last year, 1 person heard back a week earlier than everyone else?

I'm not sure but I'm grappling with huge anxiety over this?

At the UNC info session, they mentioned that scholarships from the univ were very few, but available and VERY competitive (you compete against Chem, Biochem, physics... any other master's program at the university).  They suggested at LEAST a GPA of 3.8 for even trying to get the scholarship, and in the past there were only one or maybe 2 winners from SLP in the whole university.  So, I wouldn't be surprised if the results posting with the 3.99 GPA is the scholarship recipient.  They had to have their app's in by December 11th to be eligible for that. 

I already called my voicemail from school on my (quick) lunch break - no messages yet!  

I applied to CSUEB and UoP. I believe we're in for a long wait...  :ph34r:

Do you already have your pre-reqs done? He's finishing up his second BA in CSD so I was at least heartened to see that he should hear back in early April, rather than late like the 3 year people. It's still such a long wait, though!

I'm pretty sure Northwestern won't contact us with decisions until the end of March.  

Northwestern won't contact us with decisions until the end of March.

decisions until the end of March.

the end of March.

I think I am going to slowly have a stroke between now and then.

Northwestern won't contact us with decisions until the end of March.

decisions until the end of March.

the end of March.

I think I am going to slowly have a stroke between now and then.

Hahahaha!  I just laughed out loud at work.  I feel the same way!!!!  At least we are all in this together...........

I live in Chicago and know a girl currently in the program at Northwestern... she said that last year she got accepted in late April or May... Hope it is not that long for you all applying there! :) 

I think they accept people in waves...since their program is very expensive in comparison to other schools and many of those accepted choose to go elsewhere.   They typically receive 200-300 applicants and accept 45-50% of applicants.. 

I live in Chicago and know a girl currently in the program at Northwestern... she said that last year she got accepted in late April or May... Hope it is not that long for you all applying there! :)

I think they accept people in waves...since their program is very expensive in comparison to other schools and many of those accepted choose to go elsewhere.   They typically receive 200-300 applicants and accept 45-50% of applicants.. 

Wow, those are really high acceptance numbers for a competitive "name-brand" program. It's kind of stunning that so many decide to go elsewhere based on financial issues, though I suppose it makes sense.

I wonder if NU has any plans (or the ability) to address that in the future.