Waitlisted - waiting for your school AND everyone else's

RubyBright

Finally mustered up the courage to call the admissions office. They replied that as far as they know, no waitlist meetings have taken place and they are still processing offer responses from admits. Surprising that it is taking this long, as in the past this school has sent the first round of waitlist notifications by late April.

I received an email from a school that waitlisted me. It was from the school's financial aid dept to grad students about changes for qualifying for loans based on enrollment and that the fin aid dept hopes it does not affect my fall enrollment. I have to email the school to check to see if my waitlist status somehow changed or was the email sent to all applicants. I've never received any emails from the fin aid dept before so now my imagination is running wild lol.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Edited by lib87

I had a school who contacted me a week ago if I were still interested (for PhD). I'm confused. I thought that there was the April 15 agreement...? :/

I wish I had such an email! Lots of schools seem to work around the April 15 agreement. If you have accepted another school's offer and you get an offer after 15 April if the first school you accepted does not have a problem you can switch schools! And I dont think schools would want someone who wants to go elsewhere....plus funding seems to be a real issue this year!

I was told last Wednesday I would hear on Friday, I was told on Friday sometime this week. I was told today that if you haven't heard from us yet, then you did not get funding, but awards are still being given out. I am frustrated and tired. This is so freaking ridiculous.