Age Survey

How old are you?   

158 members have voted

1. 1. What is/was your age while applying to graduate school?

• 20 or younger
    • 21 - 25
    • 26 - 30
    • 31 - 35
    • 36 - 40
    • 41 - 45
    • 46 - 50
    • 51 - 55
    • 56 and older

I can't remember which thread it was, but yesterday I noticed some members discussing their ages while applying to graduate school. Now I'm curious to know the average age of applicants on TheGradCafe. 

Edited by Gwendolyn

I can't remember which thread it was, but yesterday I noticed some members discussing their ages while applying to graduate school. Now I'm curious to know the average age of applicants on TheGradCafe. 

Gwen (if I may call you that), you forgot to post YOUR age.

Seeing all the 26-30s reppin' is making me feel better about the fact I'll be 30 in a year and three months.  :)  Sometimes I look at my freshfaced cohort-mates and go, "Goddamn I wish I had the energy to stay at school until 9 and work on the weekends and then go get wasted."  :o

But, on the other hand, none of them know what 7:00 in the morning looks like.

I'm one of the oldest undergrads at school :/ I've really been looking forward to getting into grad school so that I don't feel so awkward and can be around more people closer to my age, even if they are way further along in their studies.

So yay for 27. (my 28th birthday is also the last day of undergrad AND the day the new Star Trek comes out. I die.)

I'm one of the oldest undergrads at school :/ I've really been looking forward to getting into grad school so that I don't feel so awkward and can be around more people closer to my age, even if they are way further along in their studies.

So yay for 27. (my 28th birthday is also the last day of undergrad AND the day the new Star Trek comes out. I die.)

I also did my undergrad late (worked after high school), so totally get this. It's pleasantly out of the norm for me to be solidly within the average age range for students in my department :) 

I was 29 when I started the PhD, btw.