MFA 2013 Waitinglist Support Group

jwu

Still waiting to hear from yale graphic design...I honestly was expecting this to be over by last week, but now I'm getting nervous...I have a little over two weeks until the final deadline that was mentioned in the email.

Is it a bad sign that this is taking forever?

Still waiting to hear from yale graphic design...I honestly was expecting this to be over by last week, but now I'm getting nervous...I have a little over two weeks until the final deadline that was mentioned in the email.

Is it a bad sign that this is taking forever?

I think that as long as you haven't received the official no, there is still a possibility. In my case I was told that the students who haven't replied yet have asked for an extension. Maybe it's the same thing happening for Yale.

Status for all my waitlists is just in limbo of 'pending's. Being proactive and signed up for art history grad classes at my undergrad uni, even if it doesn't transfer it'll be something to show that hey grad schools, I'm not a slacker please let me in!  :(

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone still not decided where to go? Is it possible that the school has not yet hear from everyone?

I am still on the wait list for SVA and I am curious to know if I still have a chance. 

I am shifty toward assuming rejection at this point...

Does anyone still not decided where to go? Is it possible that the school has not yet hear from everyone?

I am still on the wait list for SVA and I am curious to know if I still have a chance.

I am shifty toward assuming rejection at this point...

As long as you haven't received the official no, that means the school is keeping you as an alternate to students that are still undecided I would assume. I'm in the same boat, still on the waiting list, but I have been told there are still some things moving in the selection process. So lets keep our fingers cross.

I just found out that I'm an alternate for the Space Program residency, sponsored by the Marie Walsh Sharpe Art Foundation. Does anyone know how often people get off the waiting list? I'm guessing my chances are slim. I really want to go!

• 2 weeks later...

After all this waiting, I finally got in!! :D  I'm so happy!  MFA here I come!

Good luck to those of you still waiting!

congratulations! So happy for you.

Did you hear via email or letter?